Denon mc7000, mcx8000, all prime series button failure issue
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Denon mc7000, mcx8000, all prime series button failure issue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-QmS3LrxCY

This vid shows how all the Denon DJ products are destined to fail with continued use. Denon is trying to cover this up as best they can by deleting forum posts. Forum moderators, monitor the forum posts and simply delete posts that mention this problem. This is a huge problem everyone will experience eventually. Check out this vid to learn why.

Denon Forum Members with the same problem

http://www.denondjforum.com/t/headph...uttons/6737/10

http://denondjforum.com/t/wobbly-loose-buttons/1049

http://www.denondjforum.com/t/poor-c...000-mixer/7016

http://denondjforum.com/t/cue-button...me-loose/10242

http://denondjforum.com/t/loose-wobb...e-buttons/9248

http://denondjforum.com/t/cue-button...ight-side/8766
    Last edited by thictool; 10-02-2018 at 02:37 PM.

How hard do you have to hit that play button to rip the rubberized plastic?

If it's really that common, find a friend with a 3D printer and have better replacements made for everyone.

On a sidenote, Denon is well known for overly moderating and deleting posts in their forum regularly. They heavily censor their users.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Don't worry, I'll delete it before anyone see's it...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    How hard do you have to hit that play button to rip the rubberized plastic?

If it's really that common, find a friend with a 3D printer and have better replacements made for everyone.

On a sidenote, Denon is well known for overly moderating and deleting posts in their forum regularly. They heavily censor their users.

1) there is no "rubberized" buttons on these units.
    2) Buttons do not "rip" off. They simply snap off due to weak plastic and continued use.
    3) 3-D printing? - yeah whatever dude, in the face of spending a minimum of a thousand dollars on one of these units..

Sidenote - Denon editing user comments = shady, regardless of how well documented it is....

Tech Guru

That's not really how consumer 3D printing works. The plastics used and the type of printing weigh heavily into the strength of the finished product. Your typical FDM printer creates a very brittle product. You're more likely to use a 3D printed part to create a mold that you'd use as your starting point. At that point, you've got a pretty sophisticated operation going on that not a lot of people have access to.

Tech Mentor

this just in from denon forum lol. I'm not surprised as they seem to want to cover this issue up.

[Official Denon DJ Forum] Your account has been suspended
    Inbox
    x

Official Denon DJ Forum <postmaster@denondjforum.com>
    6:53 AM (5 hours ago)
    to me
    You have been suspended from the forum until September 1, 2018, 7:00am.

Community flagged Spam/Troll behavior

Your posts have been flagged up 5 times by members for troll/spam behavior. Your membership has been suspended for 1 month pending review.

Really denon ? Spam Troll behavior? This is code for "we do not want to deal with this issue"

Denon would much rather fix units by using the same exact housing assembly that creates the problem in the first place at a cost of $200
    Last edited by thictool; 08-08-2018 at 11:51 AM.

I wonder how widespread this issue is? My 7k has been solid with weekly use for a year now, and I know several other working djs who run 7000s and 8000s and haven't heard of this being a problem. Maybe there was a bad batch of this plastic?

Denon does have way over-modded forums, and I've heard their support is pretty terrible.

Intoxicated /adj./ When you feel sophisticated without being able to pronounce it.

facebook.com/DJJakeLake
    jakelake.info

Tech Mentor

I mean there is postings about this issue from mutable users with mutable controller models. Mc7000, mcx8000, Prime, sc5000. Im thinking a large portion of folks are quietly dealing with this directly through their warranty.

Then there is the folks who just straight up fail to "believe" because they just spent $1000 (minimum) on their controller and think thats its an isolated incident and will not happen to them.

If you look at the video, and the plastic housing you can see its not really something that would affect only a few controllers.

In fact, why they decided to have the contact point (where the buttons connect with the logic board 'switch") on the "side of the button, as opposed to it being a "center" is beyond me. Its asking for trouble because the entire button relies on the contact being made from the side of the button, putting too much stress on the opposite weak plastic tab holding the button in place.

If you look at the vid you can totally see what im talking about.

Oh and this comment just came through on youtube

Janis Robens
    8 hours ago
    Got the exact same problem with my sc 5000. There it's the Play/Pause and Cue button which are one assembly. I called Denon and asked for spare parts and they were like: "ehhh those are out of stock atm, sowwy" Really wanna get this sorted soon. Wonder how they wanna be the new club standard without a Cue button ��

I just checked the MC7000 that belongs to one of our members. THe buttons are this hard plastic, but have a different finish on the face than those in the video. Do we know if Denon has fixed the issue with an updated assy or if this build is across both button finishes?

Also, do you have a part number supplied by Denon?

When we ordered the deck swap buttons from instrumentalparts.com, they were $11.00 for both buttons.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

The video also stated this is the same assy as the prime players. However, it is not. This makes me wonder if the same type of design is used.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast