Traktor to Rekordbox on Windows laptop - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bartjunited View Post
    Btw are you the same Erik that replied to a post on the pioneer DJ forum about moving traktor collection udionv6a python script? If so I was trying to find you as I couldn't work out how to run the script ��
    Yes, that was me. I noticed they removed that post, but you can ask any questions here.

Out of curiosity, is there anything that the Cross DJ method doesn't do that you need? For example according to the video it only transfers 3 hotcues, even though Rekordbox DJ now supports 16 hotcues.

Tech Mentor

So I had all sorts with Cross to start with,
    Didn't have the right version and then could not get the conversion to run so it was driving me nuts and you then provided your script but at 1st I thought I was going nuts as I couldn't find it

Cross does not convert all the cues
    Does your script do anything specific to the Load, Fade in and Fade out points?
    I found them super useful in Traktor.

So I'd still like to know how to run your script can you PM me some more details on what to do pls.

Thanks Bart

No, currently it doesn't do anything special for the cue types that Rekordbox doesn't support, it just converts them to a regular hot cue. The only thing I can think of is to assign colors to each cue type.

Instructions for the Python script:

1. Download and install Python 3.7.0. Be sure to check "Add Python 3.7 to PATH" in the installer.
    2. Download rekordbox-export.py and save it to your Desktop.
    3. Open Command Prompt.
    4. Type cd Desktop and press Enter.
    5. Type python rekordbox-export.py "C:\Users\yourusername\Native Instruments\Traktor 2.11.3\collection.nml" rekordbox.xml and press Enter

The Cross DJ video explains how to point Rekordbox to the rekordbox.xml file on your Desktop.

Tech Mentor

Thank you
    I assume in step 5 prior to collection. Nml this is the path to your nml file right as mine is stored on the D drive

Do you know of a way to batch assign hot cues to different colours or another method other than right click change colour.

Yes, that’s the full path to your collection.nml file. You can also pass a full path for the rekordbox.xml file, if you want to export it somewhere else.

I don’t think it’s possible to batch assign cue colors after importing tracks into Rekordbox, but you can set cue colors in the rekordbox.xml file and then import the tracks from there.

Tech Mentor

What do you mean by this bit

but you can set cue colors in the rekordbox.xml

I don't know how else to explain it. You can assign a color to a hot cue or memory cue in the rekordbox.xml file, so that when you import the tracks into rekordbox, it uses those colors.

Tech Mentor

So could I edit with notepad or similar.
    Does it label them as hot cue 1 etc so I could do a find and replace?

Google knows how to edit XML files. See POSITION_MARK > Num in http://www.prodjnet.com/rekordbox/su...ormat_list.pdf.

Tech Mentor

Ok I see
    This doc also mentions Positon Type = Fade In, Fade Out, Loop, Load.
    But assume RB doenst support them atm?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast