I've created an open platform for DJs to spin live for each other!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I've created an open platform for DJs to spin live for each other!

Hello everyone! I haven't really put myself out there in many online forums, so this is my first post here. But I've built something awesome and I wanted to share it this community. I've made a mobile platform called CUE Music that allows you to stream live to everyone through the app. It's got a sleek design and already has a small but growing community of DJs spinning every day - I also did see that one of the members of DJ TechTools has already registered and checked out the app (would love to connect with you if you see this post!)

Some similar services to ours would be Chew.TV, Twitch.TV, and Digitally Imported. But, what sets us apart from these services is that we allow the stream to play as background audio in a mobile app, and is open to any and all DJs to spin at any time they'd like. Some users have even said that the app has gotten them back into DJing!

I really feel uncomfortable using open communities (such as this forum, reddit, etc.) as a mean to advertise, but I truly believe that what I've built is a very helpful tool and platform for all DJs like yourselves. Below are a few key features I'd like to list out:

1. Live DJ streaming platform
    2. Followers / following
    3. Direct messaging
    4. Automatic Mixcloud uploads
    5. Push notifications for sets and room subscriptions
    6. Favoriting tracks
    7. DJ set statistics after finishing a mix
    8. Search users and tracks played
    9. User profiles with profile banner and photo
    10. Audio track detection / fingerprinting
    11. All DJ platforms supported

And here's a YouTube video demonstrating how it's used:

I hope you all can find this platform useful! So far some users have invited their friends and family so they can mix music directly for them, and some have used it as a way to receive live feedback on their DJing skills. We hope to keep growing our user base in the future, so hopefully it'll become a way for DJs to voice their talent as well.

If you're interested, you can download the app at https://cue.dj
    And here's a guide on getting started as a DJ: https://www.reddit.com/r/cuemusic/co...music_as_a_dj/

Thank you so much for your time, and definitely feel free to reply and PM me with any questions you may have! Hope to continue to be a part of your community here

Can we stream to the platform via software like Wirecast or OBS? If so, is it via RTMP or another protocol?
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    Can we stream to the platform via software like Wirecast or OBS? If so, is it via RTMP or another protocol?
    It doesn't use RTMP protocol, but Icecast2. If you're using one of these softwares to stream to something like Twitch, you can concurrently use BUTT (Broadcast Using This Tool) to broadcast! If you use Traktor, Mixxx, or VirtualDJ, they have a built-in broadcasting option you can use to stream

Quote Originally Posted by illestrater View Post
    It doesn't use RTMP protocol, but Icecast2. If you're using one of these softwares to stream to something like Twitch, you can concurrently use BUTT (Broadcast Using This Tool) to broadcast! If you use Traktor, Mixxx, or VirtualDJ, they have a built-in broadcasting option you can use to stream
    Icecast2 is even better. :-). I really miss ye ole shoutcast days.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Icecast2 is even better. :-). I really miss ye ole shoutcast days.
    We're all about that audio ;D What experience have you had with Shoutcast?

And would love to have you try out the platform if you're interested! We're also hosting this small 'online music festival' this upcoming Sunday with 9 DJs. It's been a really cool community so far

really cool idea! just downloaded it and i like it a lot. except i can't find how to request to dj a room.

I signed up. I really like the look.

1. How does one broadcast?
    2. I imagine your server is gonna get bandwidth heavy really fast. This will be costly. With this currently being a free platform, do you plan on charging in the future?
    3. Is this a personal project or a targeted ongoing project?

Quote Originally Posted by Mastah Kyler View Post
    really cool idea! just downloaded it and i like it a lot. except i can't find how to request to dj a room.
    Glad you like it and good to have you =D You have to register as a DJ by tapping the logo in the top navbar 10 times to get DJ streaming abilities! And then this link will help you get started with broadcasting: https://www.reddit.com/r/cuemusic/co...music_as_a_dj/

I signed up. I really like the look.

1. How does one broadcast?
    2. I imagine your server is gonna get bandwidth heavy really fast. This will be costly. With this currently being a free platform, do you plan on charging in the future?
    3. Is this a personal project or a targeted ongoing project?
    Awesome, good to have you!

1) See the above link
    2 & 3) The bandwidth will definitely be costly, but nowhere as near as music licensing and paying out royalties This has been a personal project for a while, but developed the mobile app in 3 months w/ the web version in progress now. I really believe in the unique experience that it gives users, so I'm determined to transition this into a business where we'll have to lay the foundation for our music licenses, user acquisition, and unfortunately a subscription model for listeners in the future. But for now, I'd just like to keep this as a small community of DJs before we even consider getting mass listeners
    Last edited by illestrater; 08-24-2018 at 01:23 AM.

Dan & DJTT, thank you so much for the blog post! Very appreciative of that.

Awesome. Thank you. I wonder if there is some weird non-profit loophole in the law somewhere so you can have this service, bring in an income that is just enough to cover the bandwidth costs. I would be happy to donate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast