Newbie - Best Controller to connect to turntable + Serato
    Tech Student

Default Newbie - Best Controller to connect to turntable + Serato

Hi guys,

Apologies for the basic question I am a complete newbie. I did have a search around for an answer but couldnt find a satisfactory one.

I want to get into DJ-ing, and want to learn using a turntable (using serato), but also want to have access to digital mixing i.e. through a controller or CDJ's. Because of available space at mine, a controller seems like the best choice so ideally the set up would be controller and min. 1x turntable all hooked up to laptop (macbook air) with serato DJ. Can anyone suggest the best controller in this instance (budget is around $1,000 for the controller)?

I don't have any personal experience with controllers, so my opinions on this subject are purely from what I've observed 'second-hand', so to speak.

If you're major concern is budget then Numark probably give the most bang for the buck, although my personal experience of Numark products (not their controllers, obviously) is that it doesn't take long before something's not working. YMMV.

If you're major concern is features then probably something from Denon might suit you.

If you're looking for something quirky, and or your into producing your own music then Roland offer a range of controllers with a built in drum machine and sequencer.

If you're totally lost, probably the best place to start looking is on the Serato website.

HTH

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Ok, since there's no other real answers

A Pioneer DDJ SX2/3 with the DVS expansion pack.

Job done!

*best is subjectve

Watch the DJCity and DJBooth videos on everything you find at https://serato.com/dj/hardware?dvs=d...ype=controller

There is no best. There is what works best for you.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6