DVS vinyl and pitch control on 1210’s
    Tech Convert

Default DVS vinyl and pitch control on 1210’s

Hi guys

My setup will be akai AMX, two 1210’s and my iPad Air. I’ve researched quite a bit and this should be ok but one thing I’ve overlooked is whether the pitch control on my 1210’s will work?

I’m still a bit confused how dvs’ technically work but I’ll be using djplayerpro.

Do pitch controls still work? My 1210’s are mk2, original

Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by Fr1end View Post
    Hi guys

My setup will be akai AMX, two 1210’s and my iPad Air. I’ve researched quite a bit and this should be ok but one thing I’ve overlooked is whether the pitch control on my 1210’s will work?

I’m still a bit confused how dvs’ technically work but I’ll be using djplayerpro.

Do pitch controls still work? My 1210’s are mk2, original

Thanks guys
    DVS works by using a signal picked up by the stylus/cartridge/tonearm from the grooves of the control vinyl and, via your audio interface, passes that signal into your computer and, in this case, djplayerpro. I've not had any experience with this software (actually never heard of it before) but I expect it works in much the same way as Serato. The speed (and direction) of the vinyl directly correlates to the signal picked up by the software, so if you play the vinyl slowed down, the file it's controlling (your music) will also slow down.

However, whether the speed of the turntable affects the pitch of the file will depend on the settings within your software. Serato and most, if not all, of the major brands offer the option to change speed while leaving the pitch and/or key the same. This is something that you can't do with 'normal' vinyl but otherwise the basic operation is the same.

HTH