The dedicated ddj-sr filter and Traktor

Default The dedicated ddj-sr filter and Traktor

Hi,

No longer supporting serato and its analyzes of the tracks, I pass on traktor.

I do not like the filter of the software traktor and I can not use the dedicated filter (hardware) of my ddj-sr.

Do you know if it is possible to replace that of the traktor software by that of my controller?

thank you

Paul

The Pioneer DDJ-SR does not have a dedicated hardware filter. This is just a knob that sends midi messages.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    The Pioneer DDJ-SR does not have a dedicated hardware filter. This is just a knob that sends midi messages.
    Are you sure? I just saw a video and read two posts saying that the filter is dedicated ...

Yeah - I think that means that the knob is hard coded to ONLY act as a filter... Try it - can you map that knob to anything else?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Probably they worded it as "dedicated per-channel filter" meaning every channel has a filter control that can be used independently of the other filter.
    Dedicated does not mean standalone.

Even if the controller has the ability to be used without the computer (mixing line/phono inputs) and then having hardware, standalone filters - as soon as you switch that channel to use software, all knobs become just a glorified keyboard buttons/knobs.

Exception are just two controllers if I am right - DDJ-SZ and MC6000mk1 (not sure about newer Pioneer RB controllers).

So hardware solution to OP problem is not possible but software one is pretty simple - change the Traktor map so filter knobs activate 92 filter from the FX section.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Traktor preferences gives you the option of changing the software filter type (page: Mixer) between types ISO Z, Xone and some more. Check it out.