CDJ 2000 Nexus HID doesn't work when using XONE K2
    Tech Convert

Default CDJ 2000 Nexus HID doesn't work when using XONE K2

Hello,

I am facing an issue when trying to use my CDJ's 2000 nexus with 2 A&H Xone K2 and Traktor Scratch PRO 2.

Indeed when I connect my CDJ's alone to Traktor they offer the Advanced HID feature without any problem.

When I plug my 2 Xone k2's alone they manage to control the 2 decks I mapped them for. (Decks C & D)

But when I plug everything together I do not get the option to use HID on my CDJ's, instead a simple "midi mode" message appears. (For example : 2 CDJ's are working in HID mode, as soon as I plug the K2 they switch to midi)

(Each Controller is working on a different Midi Channel.)

Does anyone know how I could get everything to work (CDJ's in HID and the K2)

Note : I updated the CDJ's to the latest firmware and Traktor is running on the latest version.

Thanks in advance.

Charles.

USB hub is probably the problem.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Convert

Default USB hub

I have swapped the cable with the other k2 and it still does it... 😕

Quote Originally Posted by charly302 View Post
    I have swapped the cable with the other k2 and it still does it... ��
    Are you using a USB hub or are you connecting all devices to your computer via USB?
    If you are using windows, have you ensured that you have not maxed out midi devices in your IO?
    Does your USB host controller provide enough power for all connected devices?
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Convert

If I use only 1 of the 2 k2's, only one of them creates the issue, the other one work perfectly as expected and the CDJ maintain the HID mode... (forgot to mention this)

Which means that only that specific K2 (controlling Deck C midi channel 15) is making the CDJ's switch to the midi mode instead of HID.

The HUB is powered and the CDJ's are powered on their own as well that shouldn't be the issue I think.

If I use only 1 of the 2 k2's, only one of them creates the issue, the other one work perfectly as expected and the CDJ maintain the HID mode... (forgot to mention this)

Which means that only that specific K2 (controlling Deck C midi channel 15) is making the CDJ's switch to the midi mode instead of HID.

The HUB is powered and the CDJ's are powered on their own as well that shouldn't be the issue I think.
    The issue isn't powering the CDJ's. The issue is the amount of date travelling through the HUB.

Are you using X-Link for your K2's or connecting them directly to the HUB via USB?
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Convert

I was first trying with the X-link but abandoned the idea when I realized that only via direct USB connection could I get both XONE K2's soundcard to work.

I doubt the HUB can't handle the data, it's this one : https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 D-Link USB 2.0 7 Ports DUB-H7 Hub

I was first trying with the X-link but abandoned the idea when I realized that only via direct USB connection could I get both XONE K2's soundcard to work.

I doubt the HUB can't handle the data, it's this one : https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 D-Link USB 2.0 7 Ports DUB-H7 Hub
    I will be honest with you (as someone who works in IT), D Link is not the best at product development. I would recommend something like the TP-Link UH series powered hubs for someone on a budget. I guarantee that your hub is your issue.