TRAKTOR VIDEO, VJ module incoming?
    Tech Wizard

Default TRAKTOR VIDEO, VJ module incoming?

So I was reading some posts and news about Traktor, till I found this:

https://musichackdayberlin.devpost.c...ve-instruments

Documentation Native Instruments
    For Music Hackday 2017, Native Instruments is providing participants with a special set of features for TRAKTOR – the ‘Video Bridge’. These features extend the MIDI/SMPTE capabilities of TRAKTOR, allowing DJs to control video and lights while performing.

The TRAKTOR Video Bridge is an ongoing research project at Native Instruments GmbH, in which MIDI/SMPTE features are unlocked by special serial numbers not available to the public. It allows for video playback to be synchronizing to tracks playing in TRAKTOR, automatically selecting matching video based on what track is playing in TRAKTOR, and triggering visual events on the timeline from TRAKTOR.

Additionally, Native Instruments will provide STEMS files for hacking purposes (no public use please) onsite.

If you would like to use the TRAKTOR Video Bridge or STEMS for a hack, please send a brief e-mail with your idea to apolline-guedon (at) native-instruments.de. We will get in touch with you regarding documentation and serial number.

Interesting, huh?

Then I found this:
    https://devpost.com/software/video-happy

Inspiration
    The api from native instruments and my love for generative interactive graphics

What it does
    It provides a super easy to use graphics app that it's entirely controlled by traktor and offers more power than regular Vj apps because 3d graphics in real time have more resolution speed and parameters to control than a simple video loop

How I built it
    started to explore outcoming parameters from traktor that I thought they could be useful in order to produce a syncrhonized av experience

Challenges I ran into
    Understanding traktor hierarchy and terminology

Accomplishments that I'm proud of
    providing an hypnotic synched Av experience

What I learned
    traktor!

What's next for video happy.
    use it in next performances and vj sets,
    Thoughts?

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

IF something like that is coming it definitively isn't this year. These "hackatons" are fairly common in the development environment and serve mainly as proof of concept and idea brainstorming so we shouldn't assume it's coming only because they toyed with the concept.

Default Futuristic past...

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbylabby View Post
    I know, right?

Traktor could have been more than anything amd maybe they are working on something for the true 3 version (not the make up they released) but don’t hold your breath

Market has strange flows and there is better ways (and some old like I pointed) to do video in live. DVS is irrelevant for most of the actual gigging needs and if you ask me... even sync for the lower tier.
    Let’s what NI brings for iOS also... I’m bit intrigued but expecting dissappointing due to lack of comunication and strategy. It seems some brands are struggling (includding Serato) so not so sure about how it will be translated into innovations or directly succesfully workflows...

If you want to sync video check for mixemergency (that still works?) and if you want to scratch video just go for Serato or Vdj... waiting for this in Traktor is going to be a waste of time... they probably had some true Traktor 3 version with basic features and they need to release ironing bug version with the major actual features before Xmas (so count) to even try implement new ones (aside remix deck recorder)... mmmm hard to see...