S2mk2 deck volume fader 'issue'

Default S2mk2 deck volume fader 'issue'

Good day all,
    My (brand new) S2MK2 has just started playing up and I need advice please. I am running my new S2MK2 with Traktor Pro v2.11.3.17 on my Macbook Pro in "Mixer" focus (using the NUO EQ). The volume levels on both decks do not 'drop out' with the level sliders at the bottom, and the right slider is now sluggish and non-responsive. The software level on my MBP does not match the controller slider and with the slider at the top, the level gradually starts to drop. I have cleaned the slider with an aerosol duster and re-calibrated the tempo and volume sliders on both decks. This has not had any effect. Can anyone advise me please?
    Thank you.
    356 reasons why

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Sounds like you have some dirt or liquid in it. Is the unit under the guarantee?

Yes, I bought it in April (from DJTT) on a trip to New York, the problem is I live in south Africa - getting it seen to is a logistical nightmare. Dirt possibly, but liquid definitely not...
    356 reasons why

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Sounds like you have some dirt or liquid in it. Is the unit under the guarantee?
    So I got a little more aggressive with the Air Duster and my wife's hairdryer Stewe - back in the game - the slider is 100%. Thank you.
    356 reasons why