Zomo vs Kontrol X1 vs Xone K1/2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Zomo vs Kontrol X1 vs Xone K1/2

I've been using a Zomo for a while now and it has worked well. I recently bought a better soundcard and I'm no longer using the onboard one with the Zomo. I've been missing the feel of my Kontrol X1 lately and have been thinking about switching up the Zomo for a pair of X1's or a pair of Xone K1 or K2's. Pluses and minuses from anyone who has used these setups?

I like the X1's for the ease of setup and use with Traktor but I'm not sure it it's worth the change up. I like the Xone K1 or K2 but might have trouble finding a mapping I like and I hate mapping.

Zomo!
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

I’ve just got hold of an X1 (2, actually) but haven’t see them up yet.

I do love my Zomo, though.

It seems to me like the main advantage of the Zomo over the X1 is that you can control all 4 Decks with it. Don’t you need to switch to user/midi mode to control decks c & d with a single X1?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

2 X1's FTW!
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

I’ve got an F1 for Deck C (Remix Deck), and use Deck D as a “preparation deck”, where I scroll through and set cue points. 2 X1’s (both MK1) feels like a bit of overkill!

I’ve also got a DJ Tech CDJ-101 sitting in a box somewhere that I bought for setting cue pints on Deck C, but, thinking about it, I’d still need something for triggering “instant doubles” to get a track into Deck C for prepping. Has the C1 MK1 got Instant Doubles mapped???

The more I think about this, the more I think the Zomo MC-1000 is the perfect controller! If only it came in a different form factor...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy

If only it had a shift button, 4 cuepoints & no soundcard .. pretty boss piece of kit tho !
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

It has got a shift button. But honestly - I've never even tried the soundcard.

zomo-mc-1000-119432.jpeg

Cannot for the life of me figure out why on earth they'd only put 3 cuepoints on that thing, though?!?

Also - those buttons aren't great. They're hard & "clicky" if you know what I mean? And a couple of mine have lost the click - they still work, but are a pain in the ass.

Also - the encoders all "feel" different. Some have got a really nice click as they're turned, and some have a dull bumpy click. Neither are bad, but it just bothers me that they're not all the same (like they came from different manufacturers, or different batches).

It's a great controller - probably my favourite ever. BUT - it definitely needs revising. I hope ZOMO know what an awesome piece of kit they've create, and have an MK2 in the works...

I would love to see a mk2 Zomo for sure.

I also have a couple of buttons that have lost their spring but still work, just with a little more effort.

I read this as K1 for some reason. Go with the X1 MK2's
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

It obviously depends on how you DJ, but I think the X1mk2 and D2 are the best DJ controllers out there. And the D2s were discontinued because there weren't that many people using them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast