Help with Windows 8 Audio on MSI GS60

Default Help with Windows 8 Audio on MSI GS60

Hello all!

I recently purchased a new laptop. The GS60 Ghost 3k Pro 2PE from MSI. This computer is a beast and is packed with a crap-load of power while maintaining an Ultrabook profile.
    Intel i7 with 16 GB of RAM and a 3GB nVidia 870m GPU, 256 GB SSD and 1TB HDD.

The only problem is, it has Windows 8.

Windows 8 is apparently horrible at running Traktor. I can't seem to get rid of the scratchy audio buildup every time I use Traktor. I've played around with Latency and the options but it continues to mess with the audio. Oddly enough, every time I click the settings window, the scratchy sounds go away for a bit. I have tried refreshing the OS and updating the drivers but it makes no differences. The problem doesnt occur on my older Dell Inspiron laptop with Windows 7.

I have an Akai APC40 and an AKAI EIE Pro that I am trying to connect to my 2.1 Harmon Kardon speakers. They have a regular 3.5mm jack but using the computers jack distorts the sound. I'm going to buy a dual 1/4 inch to 3.5mm Y cable to route the audio straight from the EIE pro to the speakers.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thank you all!

Quote Originally Posted by kimtieuphuong View Post
    Hello all!

I recently purchased a new laptop. The GS60 Ghost 3k Pro 2PE from MSI. This computer is a beast and is packed with a crap-load of power while maintaining an Ultrabook profile.
    Intel i7 with 16 GB of RAM and a 3GB nVidia 870m GPU, 256 GB SSD and 1TB HDD.

The only problem is, it has Windows 8.

Windows 8 is apparently horrible at running Traktor. I can't seem to get rid of the scratchy audio buildup every time I use Traktor. I've played around with Latency and the options but it continues to mess with the audio. Oddly enough, every time I click the settings window, the scratchy sounds go away for a bit. I have tried refreshing the OS and updating the drivers but it makes no differences. The problem doesnt occur on my older Dell Inspiron laptop with Windows 7.

I have an Akai APC40 and an AKAI EIE Pro that I am trying to connect to my 2.1 Harmon Kardon speakers. They have a regular 3.5mm jack but using the computers jack distorts the sound. I'm going to buy a dual 1/4 inch to 3.5mm Y cable to route the audio straight from the EIE pro to the speakers.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thank you all!
    I run winows 8.1 ultimate with no issues. run a dpc latency checker and ensure all your drivers match hardware ID's
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

why not upgrade to 10? isnt it free?

Yep. First thing i did when i got my beast was ditch windows 8. Its bloody the worst for audio stuff.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by Mastah Kyler View Post
    why not upgrade to 10? isnt it free?
    I am not the only producer that works out of our studio. Some people still swear by running legacy plugins that tend to crash on win10 (widebug is the first one that comes to mind). Out of simplicity, I run 8.1 ultimate on all the windows VM's. Never have any issues even when running live latency (<4ms).
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6