Need help using Hotcue State with LED
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Need help using Hotcue State with LED

I'm trying to highlight a grid of LEDs on my Maschine controller to show when a button already has a Hotcue assigned to it. I thought "HotcueX State" under Out in Traktor 1.2.2.

Anyhow, the state doesn't seem to show when their is a cue active. Is there some trick to this?
    Myspace: B33SON
    Myspace: B33 Events
    Facebook: B33SONB33
    YouTube: Mix Competition

I was able to do this for the padKontrol, but I don't remember what I tweeked to get it to work and I'm not in front of Traktor atm. Hotcue X State ouputs what state hotcue x is in, ie if it's a loop cue, then it's 8/8 out of 127, if it's a grid, it's 1/8 out of 127, or something similar.

I believe what I did was have it output 127 when the state was greater than -1. Are using any type of paging on your maschine, cause you might have to use bomes to have it refresh the states when you page, as Traktor won't resend the state unless it's changes.

13" MacBook Pro 2.7 i7 w/dual Raid0 OWC SSDs - S4 - Ableton Live 8- Lemur- iPad 2

Quote Originally Posted by DJPhaidon View Post
    I was able to do this for the padKontrol, but I don't remember what I tweeked to get it to work and I'm not in front of Traktor atm. Hotcue X State ouputs what state hotcue x is in, ie if it's a loop cue, then it's 8/8 out of 127, if it's a grid, it's 1/8 out of 127, or something similar.

I believe what I did was have it output 127 when the state was greater than -1. Are using any type of paging on your maschine, cause you might have to use bomes to have it refresh the states when you page, as Traktor won't resend the state unless it's changes.
    Well... The mapping seems to half work. The pad does light up when the corresponding hotcue exists, but then as soon as I press the pad to trigger the cue, the Pad looses its highlighting. There was a suggestion about setting the "Invert" setting on another thread, but that didn't work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by B33SON View Post
    Well... The mapping seems to half work. The pad does light up when the corresponding hotcue exists, but then as soon as I press the pad to trigger the cue, the Pad looses its highlighting. There was a suggestion about setting the "Invert" setting on another thread, but that didn't work for me.
    I remember now. I had to use bomes to correct that. I basically had traktor send out the state, which I stored as a variable in bomes, and then had bomes send a 127 out to the padkontrol if the state was greater than 0, or a 0 if 0. I'm not sure why it only stays on for a sec, but I think it's because the pad is acting as a momentary pad instead of a switch, and when you set it to a high, as soon as you let it go from pressing it, it returns to a low but doesn't recieve a new high from traktor so it stays low.

13" MacBook Pro 2.7 i7 w/dual Raid0 OWC SSDs - S4 - Ableton Live 8- Lemur- iPad 2

Tech Convert

Hi, I just joined this forum because I have ran into a similar issue and it seems what I want to accomplish is not doable with the new version of TP.

Long story short -Kontrolpad, LPD8, Nocturn and I even tried the microKontrol all have LED pads that are contolled by the hardware unit (choice from momentary or toggle) and it cannot be bypassed, perhaps BOME will help as DJ Phaidon mentions, its unfortuante as I am trying to take advantage of the Hotcue state.

Here is the feedback I have been getting on NI's forum.
    http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...ghlight=hotcue

I have had success with the Hercules Steel Control as the LEDs rely solely on software. I may have to look into the Midifighter DIY controller as I think that will be controlled by software also, buts I havent decided yet.
    Last edited by alkmst; 12-14-2009 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Wrong person

Quote Originally Posted by alkmst View Post
    Long story short -Kontrolpad, LPD8, Nocturn and I even tried the microKontrol all have LED pads that are contolled by the hardware unit (choice from momentary or toggle) and it cannot be bypassed, perhaps BOME will help as DJ Phaidon mentions, its unfortuante as I am trying to take advantage of the Hotcue state.
    The issue is that, even if you can set the hardware to a momentary or a toggle, Traktor doesn't resend the state after the hotcue has been pressed.

The solution I came up with was basically this, and this was the sole reason that I bought bomes until I realized all the cool stuff it could do.

-Have traktor output the state of each hotcue for each deck
    -This output is stored in a bomes as a variable, one variable for each hotcue for each deck, so 32 variables
    -anytime that a variable changes, it triggers a clock specific to the deck
    -anytime that a hotcue is pressed, it triggers a clock specific to the deck
    -(on a side note, any time a page is pressed, it triggers the clock also so my 16 padkontrol buttons turn into full control for 4 decks with LED feedback for the hotcues.)
    -when the clock is triggered, the hotcue LED's are lit or extinguished based on the state of each variable for each deck.

Problem fixed, but it's not a very simple solution. Would be easier if it was sent from Traktor itself.

Tech Guru

thats what they have their proprietary protocol for .. sigh
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Quote Originally Posted by DJPhaidon View Post
    The issue is that, even if you can set the hardware to a momentary or a toggle, Traktor doesn't resend the state after the hotcue has been pressed.

The solution I came up with was basically this, and this was the sole reason that I bought bomes until I realized all the cool stuff it could do.

-Have traktor output the state of each hotcue for each deck
    -This output is stored in a bomes as a variable, one variable for each hotcue for each deck, so 32 variables
    -anytime that a variable changes, it triggers a clock specific to the deck
    -anytime that a hotcue is pressed, it triggers a clock specific to the deck
    -(on a side note, any time a page is pressed, it triggers the clock also so my 16 padkontrol buttons turn into full control for 4 decks with LED feedback for the hotcues.)
    -when the clock is triggered, the hotcue LED's are lit or extinguished based on the state of each variable for each deck.

Problem fixed, but it's not a very simple solution. Would be easier if it was sent from Traktor itself.
    I suppose I can try this... a pitty though. I just got rid of Bomes... now it'll have to come back. lol.

Tech Guru

shouldnt it be possible to provide a fairly generic TSI and bome script to manage those variables inside bome? then all that would be needed is to adjust the sending of the proper MIDI messages depending on the given controller used.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Quote Originally Posted by lsmith View Post
    shouldnt it be possible to provide a fairly generic TSI and bome script to manage those variables inside bome? then all that would be needed is to adjust the sending of the proper MIDI messages depending on the given controller used.
    possible, but would be an easier fix inside of Traktor I would think. All they would have to do is add a funtion to resend the states after any hotcue was pressed or modified.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast