Traktor Pro 3 ... Thoughts and experiences - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

I've used VDJ7 and 8 quite a lot. The browser features are light years ahead of Traktor and the features are super useful.
    But... midi implementation, coming from a Traktor background is frustrating at best and wall-punchingly annoying.
    I could make VDJ7 crash with the most simple of scripts that a simple macro in Traktor would have just worked.

VDJ8 has been very, very stable but the factory mappings for NI controllers are dreadful. How anyone can do any kind of performance DJing on it is beyond me. It seems to do anything and everything really well apart from playing music.
    The waveforms are pointless skid-marks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post

If anyone knows of any good looking VDJ skins I’d love to see ‘em...
    Leopard skin

Traktor's mapping is insanely powerful. If I could somehow breed Traktor's and Live's mapping abilities (live mostly for the speed of simple things) and apply it to every piece of software I use, I'd be in heaven.

There are things Traktor's mapping can do that you don't seem to be able to do in anything else without a microcontroller in the way.

Tech Mentor

I own a full Virtual DJ license, & every now & then I re-visit it & consider using it.

I just can't get past that GUI though. Whatever skin you put on it, it still looks like a toy. I know it's irrational, & I should base any decisions on what the software actually does. .....but come on, at least make it look pretty!
    Cheers

IAN WILLIAMS

It does look like a toy.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by thisisian View Post
    I own a full Virtual DJ license, & every now & then I re-visit it & consider using it.

I just can't get past that GUI though. Whatever skin you put on it, it still looks like a toy. I know it's irrational, & I should base any decisions on what the software actually does. .....but come on, at least make it look pretty!
    Makes 100% sense.

Humans with relatively normal vision and hearing prioritize visual information drastically. If a piece of software or a plugin or a processor or a mixer or whatever doesn't look right to create the mojo you want, you'll at least think it sounds wrong too. At the very least, it won't be inspiring.

It's kinda dumb. There's no technical reason why it should be that way. But, it is.

And as an artist, all that stuff matters.

Traktor Pro 3 seems to be very easy to use, I haven't upgraded yet, still learning Traktor 2.

Quote Originally Posted by thisisian View Post

VDJ's general branding is horrific, really.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Quote Originally Posted by A$H View Post
    Has anyone used Traktor Pro 3 With TouchOSC yet?
    Yes
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Mentor

Everything said here is exactly what the core base of Traktor is feeling, a general disappointment in the company.

I gotta say, since starting 7 years ago I have been all for Traktor. I stood by my guns when people talked down on it. But now, its hard to even disagree with what other DJs say. I have played on every software and when I come back to Traktor, while familiar is left with "why don't we have that" feelings.

I even upgraded to Traktor 3 just to see if I could consider sticking to it but its not a viable option in my market. I have everything mapped to the gills and still feel like the software should be better. Especially the library management portions, I hate to gripe but is it too hard to listen to what the core consumers have been saying?

/rant
    For all my VCI-100 lovers view my step by step guide to moding your very own VCI-100 Arcade edition
    http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=56270

Quote Originally Posted by sobi View Post
    Want to get better? Two words... jesus pose. 60% of the time, it works every time.

Hard moments for Traktor and djing itself.

Someone could envision future? 3 years? 5? 10?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast