Traktor Pro 3 ... Thoughts and experiences
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Traktor Pro 3 ... Thoughts and experiences

Guys,

With the recent release of Traktor Pro 3... we want to hear some feedback.

For myself, have not yet hooked everything up to the mixer, but have had a bit of a play around and have remapped my X1's to incorporate the new channel fx and reverse/flux features.

Can't wait to have a decent 4 hour jam to make sure all runs smoothly!
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

I am so underwhelmed by it I can’t begin to say...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Guru

Traktor is all I ever used and it's really sad that this is such a disappointing release. I have a feeling that NI had a lot riding on Stems and the Kontrol S8/D2. It seems like that was the last really substantial update from NI and unfortunately since it didn't pan out they probably had to go back to the drawing board.

This is a really confusing release. On one hand I can see their desire to release this update as Traktor Pro 3 rather than Traktor 2.12.0. The Traktor community was growing impatient with the lack of updates, especially when competition like Pioneer/rekordbox seemed to be putting out update after update.

However if this indeed isn't the real next version of Traktor (I believe this was mentioned in a recent interview) than I don't see why they couldn't have just released this as Traktor 2.12, and waited to showoff the real Traktor Pro 3 when that's ready.

They had the release of the new S2 and S4 so it's not like they only had a software update to announce. This update really feels like a re-skin, which doesn't really justify a new version number.

The only thing that I can say that seems like a really welcomed update is the new Elastique 3 time stretching algorithm. And I can't believe they released this as "Traktor Pro 3" without doing anything to the library/browser system. This is by far the most dated part of Traktor compared to the competition and it's the thing that every single DJ uses.

I would have been totally fine with them announcing the new hardware, a re skinned Traktor and leaving it at that.

I personally thought that unlocking DVS to work with anything was pretty huge, but hey ho.

(I haven't upgraded as yet, but I probably will)
    Live rig: Denon Prime (5000M's)
    Retired: Denon x1700, Denon SC3900's, Traktor, Technics SL1200's, my vinyl
    Wish list: Some Roland Aira stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Stazbumpa View Post
    I personally thought that unlocking DVS to work with anything was pretty huge, but hey ho.

(I haven't upgraded as yet, but I probably will)
    It doesn't seem to work with every soundcard out there, as I've said in another thread. VCI-400's output levels seem to be too low. I'd guess there are more problems with other cards, but it's the only non NI one I've tried.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Archies'bald View Post
    It doesn't seem to work with every soundcard out there, as I've said in another thread. VCI-400's output levels seem to be too low. I'd guess there are more problems with other cards, but it's the only non NI one I've tried.
    Does the VCI400 have phono inputs?

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Does the VCI400 have phono inputs?
    I think so, I can connect two turntables to the mixer and play records through them. From memory I can't remeber whether they're line or phono though.

Just checked - copied and pasted from Serato website.

The Vestax VCI-400 has a familiar layout to the popular VCI-380 but with the addition of 2 more channels for 4-deck mixing and dedicated FX controls. The VCI-400 has 2 switchable line/phono inputs, 2 MIC inputs, balanced outputs as well as control for looping, track browsing/loading, triggering samples and platters with adjustable tension

4 deck control
    Dedicated FX controls
    2 phono/line inputs

Just to add, I've installed the latest firmware also.

I see a level pot next to the inputs of the VCI. Maybe it should be turned up?

Is there a software riaa in traktor so one can use a soundcard with no phono preamps for the dvs?

Quote Originally Posted by electroshock View Post
    I see a level pot next to the inputs of the VCI. Maybe it should be turned up?
    I've turned the pot all the way up to 11. Maybe I'm missing something else.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast