Mapping help needed for A&H - Xone K2 (+ DB4)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mapping help needed for A&H - Xone K2 (+ DB4)

Hi gents,

First of all let me inform you that I have been a very silent follower/reader the past few years, with very few posts.
    But now seems like i need your help.
    After buying and selling equipment to experiment and feel which setup would be best, I finally (hopefully) settled with a DB4 (which still costs an awful lot of money!) in combination with a K2.
    Most of the time I only use 2 decks in combination with a remix deck.

Since most of previous equipment was from NI, I successfully tried and tweaked the midimaps provided on DJTT's forum. Most of the tweaking was basic stuff.
    But since I started a new mapping for DB4 and K2 from scratch, I'm struggling with a higher level of mapping; modifier and such.

1) I started with a device mapping for DB4 and afterwards one for the K2.
    I searched through the forum, however could not find a solution to merge the 2 into 1 device mapping.
    Traktor Tools online, seems not to work correctly for the latest version to TP2(3) (some midi note assignments would be left blank).
    The copy and paste in texteditor - way did not work either.
    Buying Xtreme mapping for this 1 time correction seems not justifiable.
    Would be nice to have al mappings into one sheet or table (since K2 is connect/powered with DB4 by UTP cable)

2) Bottom button block - latching layers off.
    Since I don't need 3 layers - nor the need for pressing buttons like a mad man to get the right layer - and wanted to adjust the colours for each button, i decided to use the modifiers/shift buttons with latching layers off.

Shift off
    row 1 + 2 control Deck A - first 4 buttons are hotcues - next play/pause - loop active on, etc
    row 3 + 4 control Deck B - idem
    colour coding + beat phase (play/pause) works fine

Shift 1 - modifier 1 (layer button on K2)
    row 1 + 2 control Deck A - next 4 hotcues
    row 1 + 2 control Deck B - idem

Shift 2 - modifier 2 (exit setup button on K2)
    Is used to trigger remix deck samples (this was a pretty complex procedure!)
    However I think i managed to do it correctly for all 4 pages. Deck loaded; light up - Playing; blinking.

Now when shifts are not pressed, the sample button which has been triggered keeps flashing even when in hotcue mode/layout - which I only want to blink when shift 2 is pressed.

Has this something to do with the COND1 + COND2 of the remix deck SLOT/CELL STATE or BEAT PHASE?

Furthermore, pressing shift 1, for hotcues 5-8 and releasing it - comes automatically back to hotcues 1-4 layout.
    However when using shift 2, to trigger samples, and releasing it, keeps the remix deck layout thus not returning to hotcues1-4 layout.

I know it has something to do with the send state, which I included but maybe not setup correctly?

Sorry if I explained this in a very confusing way, may have to do with the language barrier.

Hope you guys can help me out.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Imperatore; 10-22-2018 at 12:06 PM.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Problem is with modifiers assigned to the Beat phase commands.
    Your screencapture is small to read so I will guess that the first condition is assigned with "Sample Page Modifier" and your secondary modifier condition is assigned with the "Slot State Modifier"?

At least one of this conditionals should be assigned with Modifier 2 so the beat phase could be canceled when you release the Shift 2 button.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    At least one of this conditionals should be assigned with Modifier 2 so the beat phase could be canceled when you release the Shift 2 button.
    Thanks Stewe !! That did the trick !!

However light states remain (exept no beat phase blinking anymore) the same when shift 2 is released this not going back to light/colour state at layout zero (when shift 1 or 2 are not pressed)

Could this have to do with 2 device mappings and in/out port only on DB4 as both devices are linked via RJ45 cable?
    If i do not insert the modifiers in one of the two mappings the modifier state (0-1) does not change value.
    I was wondering if merging the 2 mappings would solve this?
    Last edited by Imperatore; 10-23-2018 at 07:07 AM.

Cool. Same applies to all remix deck commands though. Each one need a M2 assigned to it.

So if you mapped all four sample pages, than each one should be created with a single modifier

Sample Page 1 is M2=1
    Sample Page 2 is M2=2
    Sample Page 3 is M2=3
    Sample Page 4 is M2=4

When you let go oh the Shift 2 button M2 equals 0.

Hi Stewe, I did not map sample pages to a Modifier. Sample page selector is mapped to an encoder.
    Maybe I did not explain myself well enough in words, maybe the attached is self-explanatory.
    Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Shift 0: Black - Hotcues 1-4 Deck A+B
    Shift 1: Red - Hotcues 5-6 Deck A+B
    Shift 2: Yellow - remix deck D

When i press M1, all buttons and lights are fine, releasing it brings everything back to Shift 0 Layout,
    However when pressing M2, all buttons and lights+blinking playing resp. cells are fine, releasing it keeps the same light state+blinking.

If i need to add screenshots of my mappings just say the word.

K2 overlaypdf.pdf

Never mind my previous post.
    After hours of staring at the screen, scrolling and clicking and with trial and error I managed to get things (mostly) done.

However, since I have been assigning Modifier 2 to one of the 2 conditions (iso of Sample Page mod. in this case) as per your advice, blinking state stays on all four pages for that cell, and not following the cell blinking condition on each individual page.

It should work if you used same modifier and 4 different values (states).

you lost me there

Sample Page 1 is M2=1
    Sample Page 2 is M2=2
    Sample Page 3 is M2=3
    Sample Page 4 is M2=4

This means that:
    -all beatphase commands of Sample Page 1 need to be assigned with M2=1
    -all beatphase commands of Sample Page 2 need to be assigned with M2=2
    -all beatphase commands of Sample Page 3 need to be assigned with M2=3
    -all beatphase commands of Sample Page 4 need to be assigned with M2=4

You are not using actual "Sample Page" modifier. Instead you are creating the same function with Modifier 2.

I had to change all cell triggers and states as well, but works like a charm now !!!

Highly appreciated Stewe !!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast