Suggest next gear for my setup?

Default Suggest next gear for my setup?

Hi,
    I'm interested in adding some gear to my home dj setup. I primarily use Traktor Pro with a Kontrol X1. I sometimes hook up my UC-33 for more sliders and knobs. I also have a pair of 1200's and a 3 channel A&H mixer that isn't used much. My audio interface is a NI Audio DJ 2.

The x1 is very versatile, I use it for fx, browsing and loading tracks, and loop points. I use the uc-33 for mixer controls but since its layout doesn't really match a mixer layout, it's awkward to use.

Things I've wanted: jog wheel for beatmatching and nudging tracks that aren't setup for sync or beat grids; knobs and sliders for controlling levels, eq, filter. I think being able to trigger some samples or loops with pads would be cool too. I also have a 2 octave Novation keyboard with knobs that could trigger samples and mix levels of samples, but like the UC-33 it would be awkward to use. I could use my A&H for traditional eq and levels but of course it would be all post-signal, and I don't have a third stereo channel out.

If I started all over again I would be very tempted to get the new Traktor S4 mk3. The price is high for me though. If I did get an S4, would the x1 serve any purpose or would it mostly be redundant?

I just bought a used S4 MK1 because it was dirt cheap. I really really like it. I have 1200s plugged in and I like having a physical mixer. Sounds good. Lots of options and mappings. It really opens up the software for me.
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

That is cool that you're using a UC-33 ... Back in the day I always wanted that controller but they weren't easy to find.

If you can do without jog wheels, something like the Akai AMX or NI Z1 would work; you might also be happy with cheaper controllers from Reloop or Behringer (CMD range I think); both of which also have models with single unit jog wheels - one of those and a mixer controller would do fine, and you can probably find each for $50 used. If you don't want a soundcard in the mixer portion, you can find a cheap M-Audio X-Session used.

Behringer and Reloop also both have full 2-deck jogwheel units with bells and whistles similar to the old S4 but probably much cheaper. Depends on your budget but you should be able to do what you need for less than $200.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

The UC-33e has been an absolute work horse for me. Fucking awesome. Same with the UC-16.

Always handy to have some extra knobs and faders (and even buttons on the 33) laying about the place!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Get a mixer and audio 6 mate.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Yeah, I’m thinking I’ll get an audio 6 or 8 and use my A&H 3 channel mixer. I might try to pick up a A&H K1 or a Kontrol F1.

I'd say spend the money and actually get a solution that gives you everything you want. More so for production than DJing, but I've made the mistake of trying to get a hodgepodge of little, inexpensive pieces to work together to do what I want then usually end up buying the more expensive, quality piece of gear that accomplishes it all.

If you are stuck on tracktor the new S4 looks amazing.

Personally I just graduated to a Pioneer XDJ 700 setup and haven't looked back. Dunno what I was doing screwing around with Traktor and little controllers for so long.