Roland DJ-202 Traktor Mapping - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tech Convert

Stewe,

I tried to duplicate the play/pause output with one of the modifiers (to enable jog touch on/off)

See screenshot below.

I've tried various other methods but nothing I can do seems to work

3.jpg

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

That screenshot doesn't say much. But from what it looks to me there could be built in modifier in the vinyl buttons too. (same as shift)

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nspark21 View Post
    Hi guys, i have been doing the same. can i ask if anybody has managed to get the pad select sections LED's working like they do in serato? Once i had the serato dj subscription but i dont now. If i loaded serato 1st, the button LED's would flash when pressed with shift or in a row(once + shift slow flash, twice + shift flash quickly, solid light default, press again flsh). I could then close serato and open traktor to use my mapping and the LEDs would continue to work on the pad select buttons as if it was still using serato. This is handy to see which mode the pads were in.

so here is a brief of what the buttons supposed to do:

The 4 buttons are all 1 note, with different velocities (16 different velocities) - the controller only sends these velocities if i have opened serato then closed it. The controller buttons only flash at different rates when pressed once I have done the same (open closed serato).
    Im wondering if theres a way to get the controller working the same (as far as the pad select modes are concerned) as if i opened serato first, in traktor with the flashing lights for these buttons. Is there some sort of message sent back and forth to enable this? or is this just down to the controller firmware?
    #If i dont open serato, the 4 buttons stay solid green.

Anybody managed to get them flashing?

bellow is a very confusing 'diagram' of what the buttons do in different modes. Also note when swiching between buttons; 1-2 , 1 -4 1- 3, or 2-1, 4-2, the pad notes are all changed for cue, loop, seq,, sampler. but for different modes for the same button, the pads stay the same note. So all i can think of is having a modifier or 2 to track which button or mode of the same button the pads are in.

Button 1 Hotcue - velocity x
    HOT CUE - 1 PRESS (OR DEFult). Cue Loop - 2nd press Pitch Play - shift press. another mode - shift 2nd press

button 2 LOOP velocity x velocity x velocity x
    LOOP - 1 PRESS (or default). split beat jump / auto lloop manual loop another mode

button 3 - velocity x
    SEQUENCER (or default)

button 4 velocity x
    SAMPLER - 1 PRESS (OR DEFAULT) slicer freeze mode another mode

also sorry for my cconfusing engllish skills, i blame my laptop, so thanks for taking the time to read this.
    Thanks for the contribution man!
    Pioneer units have this cool "Other than Serato" midi mode which allows you to map everything freely... I was thinking that DJ-202 is of a same kind.

Hey agcalamita,

Do you have any updates on your progress with the Roland Dj-202. I am also very interested on your progress as I have recently acquired the same.

Thanks for your contribution!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123