Small mixer recommendations. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    All good suggestions that I have considered. I like the A&H and it would be even better if it didn't have the over hanging top plate. If it was replaceable with one that was the same size as the mixer body it would be the front runner.

I don't want another DJM type mixer. I have a DJM-T1 and I'll sell it to fund a new, smaller mixer.
    Denon, I think that might be a bit old? A bit pricey for a spare/emergency mixer.
    The A&H (if buying new) sure is best bang for buck feature wise but to be honest, it's also the most minimal one, has awkward layout and I had the misfortune of working on several ones that had issues (outputs, faders, knobs) so I will say that the build quality is not what is expected of A&H.

And yup, Denon is oooold. Interface in of no use in macOs after High Sierra (thanks Apple, thanks inMusic). But I think it still offers most features (especially if you plan on doing DVS now with TP3), best sound quality and the secondhand price is not bad (when it launched it was a €700 mixer). Mic input is quality, with ducking and you can precue it and apply onboard FX on it.

I had to bring it to one gig when the club's DJM PSU craped out 15min before the show started, it had plugged 2xNXS players, 2xTT, me using the USB and another guy plugged his Serato box in the aux1 and aux2 line inputs (HID with NXS players). We did switchovers with just a flick of a input switch. Let's hope inMusic just updates it with green paint and throws it out on the market as X800 Prime.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

There's also Reloop KUT. Not so small and cheap, though.

I had a tiny Behringer mixer that I think had those features, but I think the smaller they get the more likely you are to sacrifice something you need/want? It had good reviews but in the end I just got pissed with the loop function and the sensitivity of the job wheels...

DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Thanks for all the input guys. I managed to get an A&H One 23c at a really good price (brand new, returned to a retailer). Seems a solid mixer and the size and weight is great, just what I wanted.

I love A&H but they don't make things easy. I need to do a simple mod and put some jumper cables in to route the phono inputs to the soundcard.
    I remember having to take of the sides of a Zed 60 10fx and the take the PSU out just to fit some rack ears

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Thanks for all the input guys. I managed to get an A&H One 23c at a really good price (brand new, returned to a retailer). Seems a solid mixer and the size and weight is great, just what I wanted.

I love A&H but they don't make things easy. I need to do a simple mod and put some jumper cables in to route the phono inputs to the soundcard.
    I remember having to take of the sides of a Zed 60 10fx and the take the PSU out just to fit some rack ears
    Couple of questions:
    How do you solve the absence of gain control for the dvs?
    How good/bad are the faders and the crossfader re build quality and curve-wise?
    Is there a bleed when phono gain is down to zero? If there is that would mean you can hear the timecode in the master.
    Did you try some fx units in the send return path yet?

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by electroshock View Post
    Couple of questions:
    How do you solve the absence of gain control for the dvs?
    How good/bad are the faders and the crossfader re build quality and curve-wise?
    Is there a bleed when phono gain is down to zero? If there is that would mean you can hear the timecode in the master.
    Did you try some fx units in the send return path yet?
    Up to to now I've just installed the drivers on 3 machines and got the mixer working. Tonight (if I can stay sober) I'll do the mod that enables DVS and check the functionality and address your questions.

If I remember correctly, 23 channel faders are a little bit stiffer than on 22. I do remember they were quite wobbly. No curve adjust on them. Crossfader curve is just a 2 position switch and there are loads of videos on youtube where you can see how much volume (VU meter) on each position of travel each give.

Pioneer RMX units are unusable in the send return path because of the dry wet nature of the RMX units, use the older EFX or some other one.

Absence of gain control is solved by enabling autogain in your DVS software or using a midi controller and mapping deck gains to knobs on it (if the software supports that).
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    Pioneer RMX units are unusable in the send return path because of the dry wet nature of the RMX units, use the older EFX or some other one.
    Would Kaoss pad quad work?
    Have you (or anyone else here) tried Behringer FEX800 / TC Electronic M100?

I am selling a Mixars Duo, if you are interested.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast