What's your Black Friday wish list? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ErikMinekus View Post
    Yes, instant doubles were added back in June.
    Awesome. They're prettier than the pioneers. And the dual layer thing is cool. Looks like my next setup is going to be 2-3 of those and my 2016....just have to figure out when.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    They are on sale everywhere for $999 right now until black friday. I had just one and used the dual layer function while I waited on the second one to come in. You will love it. I fell in love with the SC5000 when I just had one. :-p
    Tell me the dual layer thing is intuitive & straightforward. 😊
    Would you be happy doing a while night on one SC5000?
    Cheers

IAN WILLIAMS

Quote Originally Posted by thisisian View Post
    Tell me the dual layer thing is intuitive & straightforward. ��
    Playing with them in GC, not actually owning them, it's just as intuitive as any of Traktor's or Pioneer's 4-deck all-in-ones (or things like the D2). There's good (configurable) visual distinction, but it's still possible to get confused.

Quote Originally Posted by thisisian View Post
    Tell me the dual layer thing is intuitive & straightforward. ��
    The color changes on the platter ring and layer button. THe screen shows the currently playing deck on top and the other deck overview on the bottom. When I first got it, there were a couple of hiccups, but you get used to it pretty quick.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    Two more Denon SC5000's
    I think I'm going to take the plunge and get a Prime setup with the 5000M's in the next few days. I'm in the UK though and the x1800 hasn't dropped in price that much.
    Live rig: Denon Prime (5000M's)
    Retired: Denon x1700, Denon SC3900's, Traktor, Technics SL1200's, my vinyl
    Wish list: Some Roland Aira stuff.

The DJM900nxs2 and a boatload of chromacaps

I'm thinking about getting one SC5000(M) to replace my laptop based gig setup. Easy to put in any booth, dual layer gives me two decks and takes equal space as laptop+controller.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    I'm thinking about getting one SC5000(M) to replace my laptop based gig setup. Easy to put in any booth, dual layer gives me two decks and takes equal space as laptop+controller.
    That's my thinking too. An SC5000 with my Kontrol Z2 mixer. .....& it gives me the flexibility to add my lappy for Traktor (using timecode from USB) if needed.

EDIT - & it looks like these can do midi after all. It's not HID, but it will do for now.

https://www.native-instruments.com/f...apping.340045/
    Last edited by thisisian; 11-13-2018 at 06:22 PM.
    Cheers

IAN WILLIAMS

Goddamn it. I really don't need more shit, especially not thousand-dollar shit, but those Denons look sweet as hell. Can someone who has them please post all the terrible flaws they have until my temptation subsides....
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    Goddamn it. I really don't need more shit, especially not thousand-dollar shit, but those Denons look sweet as hell. Can someone who has them please post all the terrible flaws they have until my temptation subsides....
    There are no terrible flaws.

No Traktor HID
    Slight difference in pitchbend on the jog wheel between forward and backward (which is preferrable personally).
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast