What's your Black Friday wish list? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    There are no terrible flaws.

No Traktor HID
    Slight difference in pitchbend on the jog wheel between forward and backward (which is preferrable personally).
    It will get Traktor HID support. 5000M maybe not.
    No "active loop" behaviour like in Traktor. Not possible to add rating to the tracks on the players or alter playlists. Quality control in factory seems substandard (a lot of small defects reported on the forum, from varying jogwheel tension to button LED lights) so wouldn't reccommend ordering through post, open and inspect units in the store.
    People complaining about roll off after 18kHz but I would say worry about that only if you are a bat.
    Slow pace of upgrades (instead of regular small fixes).
    Still not possible to link them with Engine Prime software for playback from laptop or just using the laptop screen for browsing. No possibility to use SC2000/addon controller for control over second layer.
    Regular maintenance (replacing cue/play tact switches) is slow, not possible to order just the switches and do the service themselves.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    It will get Traktor HID support. 5000M maybe not.
    No "active loop" behaviour like in Traktor. Not possible to add rating to the tracks on the players or alter playlists. Quality control in factory seems substandard (a lot of small defects reported on the forum, from varying jogwheel tension to button LED lights) so wouldn't reccommend ordering through post, open and inspect units in the store.
    People complaining about roll off after 18kHz but I would say worry about that only if you are a bat.
    Slow pace of upgrades (instead of regular small fixes).
    Still not possible to link them with Engine Prime software for playback from laptop or just using the laptop screen for browsing. No possibility to use SC2000/addon controller for control over second layer.
    Regular maintenance (replacing cue/play tact switches) is slow, not possible to order just the switches and do the service themselves.
    1) Traktor HID are coming soon from a friend who work for Inmusic
    2) Personnaly it's a cool feature but but I can do without
    3) Yes rating to the track directly is a feature missing same thing with classify music by dates.
    4) for the quality never had a problem since one years maybe i'm lucky
    5) only for the people who care about sound quality mate with high end speaker but denon said yesterday that it will be settled in the next update so it's cool.
    6) Maybe it's a choice ? i prefer bug fixes with small update but pioneer are worse with some update for the Nexus 2
    7) denon said yesterday that it will be settled. There are still people who use the SC 2000 ? I like the old stuff from Denon like the mixers X1700 but on my side I never saw a person used the old player ?
    8) 100% agree don't understand why they do not sell apart for thomann or local supplier ????

Seriously I still believe in Denon but it may be a bit long i just hope the next firmware update are coming before christmas
    (La Chinerie Festival X L'Appart Music )
    Pioneer CDJ900Nexus - Denon SC5000 PRIME - Allen & Heath Xone DB4 - Allen & Heath Xone K1 - Stanton ST150

https://soundcloud.com/nagra-house

What's the problem with the resolution of the pitch fader?
    LOL!
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    What's the problem with the resolution of the pitch fader?
    In earlier firmware versions the resolution of the pitchfader was down to 0.01 at the lowest range then in later firmwares it was brought it up to 0.05 but at the entire renge (from 4% to 100%). Don't remember the official explanation why.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    In earlier firmware versions the resolution of the pitchfader was down to 0.01 at the lowest range then in later firmwares it was brought it up to 0.05 but at the entire renge (from 4% to 100%). Don't remember the official explanation why.
    After setting the pitch fader at various places between the 0.5% increments, it's just a display change. There is a smaller audible tempo difference.

That aside. No reason to hate or insult Reticuli y'all. Sometimes certain comments go beyond jokes and just turn into bullying. ;-)
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

That aside. No reason to hate or insult Reticuli y'all. Sometimes certain comments go beyond jokes and just turn into bullying. ;-)

agreed, back on topic please...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Looks like Imma end up getting a midi interface, DAC, and a Digitone this year. :-)
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Mentor

If you're hesitating about buying the Denons, you'll need to make up your mind quickly.

One UK stockist has cut another 10% off the price (Black friday redemption code), & also has some B stock units.

https://www.whybuynew.co.uk/dj-equip...non-sc5000.htm
    Cheers

IAN WILLIAMS

After setting the pitch fader at various places between the 0.5% increments, it's just a display change. There is a smaller audible tempo difference.

I had no problem using them, seems it was overblown in proportion by people who stare too much at the screens/waveforms instead of using ears.

And Reticuli almosts singlehandedly brought to light the hi-freq roll-off so no hate or bullying, just a friendly jab. He knows he's a bit boring with posts about his CDJ needs but props to him
    I'm actually surprised that he hasn't posted here with his experience with the units.
    Last edited by SlayForMoney; 11-20-2018 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thisisian View Post
    If you're hesitating about buying the Denons, you'll need to make up your mind quickly.
    Ok so I bought a Prime setup on Monday. I got the M's because I like watching things rotate.
    Live rig: Denon Prime (5000M's)
    Retired: Denon x1700, Denon SC3900's, Traktor, Technics SL1200's, my vinyl
    Wish list: Some Roland Aira stuff.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast