Upgrade time: sc5000 or 2000nx2? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by RMJ View Post
    1x SC5000 will give you 2 decks, which could be a consideration depending on space in your home setup.
    I've brought one with the intention of doing exactly that. To be honest, using one with the dual layer feature is a bit of a nightmare. You really have to be on the ball, otherwise you end up stopping the wrong deck.

I also find the overviews at the bottom of the display slightly confusing. These switch so the the lower slightly larger waveform is the currently selected deck. .....i'd rather this was Always deck A above & deck B below.

I'd like a pair, but not sure I can afford a second one. So i suspect I may end up selling the one I have.
    Cheers

IAN WILLIAMS

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by thisisian View Post
    I've brought one with the intention of doing exactly that. To be honest, using one with the dual layer feature is a bit of a nightmare. You really have to be on the ball, otherwise you end up stopping the wrong deck.

I also find the overviews at the bottom of the display slightly confusing. These switch so the the lower slightly larger waveform is the currently selected deck. .....i'd rather this was Always deck A above & deck B below.

I'd like a pair, but not sure I can afford a second one. So i suspect I may end up selling the one I have.
    Maybe someone knows a way to put the waveforms as you want or perhaps you can write in the Denon forums and others may support it, which could lead to changes in firmware.. or maybe there's an option to do it already.

I've never used one, but what would sound good is having both waveforms 1 above the other, and the active deck has a bigger waveform and the other one perhaps dimmed, if that makes sense? I guess you know how it already works I've only looked at reviews a while back.
    YouTube Facebook MixCloud SoundCloud Resident Advisor Twitter

Equipment: Traktor S8, Traktor X1 (v1), NI Audio 6 plus timecode vinyl, Allen & Heath K2, Technics SL-1200 M5G, Pioneer CDJ2000, Novation Launchpad (v1), Korg Kaoss Pad KP3, Alessis DM5, m-Audio Ozone midi keyboard, USB electric guitar.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12