Replace knobs (VCI-300)

Default Replace knobs (VCI-300)

Hi all.

I'm about to buy the green knobs replacement (DJTT) for my Vestax VCI-300, but I'm not sure how-to do it.

The faders are easy to remove, but the knobs...

Any ideas?

Thanks all :-)
    Macbook Pro, iMac 27"
    Vestax VCI-100 SE Arcade FW 1.4, Midi Fighter #409
    Audio 4 DJ
    http://soundcloud.com/soeGG

Tech Guru

might sound horrible, but just take a screwdriver and pry those mofos off. on my vci100 i removed the plate to do this, but the 300 doesnt have that... you might be able to pull them off yourself, but there is some adhesive I believe.

Tech Mentor

I've always been able to pull them off with my hands. Never had to try a VCI-300 but I doubt there's anything special about it. Try growing your nails for a bit to get them in under. They won't scratch anything up (unless you try to mix some dope beats with them )

The knobs on the VCI 300 are very hard to remove, but after consulting with 75er I used a claw-tool or something and removed them... Wuhuu :-)

Green knobs FTW....
    Macbook Pro, iMac 27"
    Vestax VCI-100 SE Arcade FW 1.4, Midi Fighter #409
    Audio 4 DJ
    http://soundcloud.com/soeGG

Glen McArdle

Yep, a pair of plyers will do the trick.

I also would really like to replace my standard VCI-300 knobs with some other knobs, but I'm not feeling the knobs from the DJTT store all that much colourwise (although I like that thickness).

And all the other knobs that Vestax have in store (I have seen them all) is not what I am looking for either.

Ideally I would like the kind of EQ knobs that Allen & Heath have put on the Xone DX for my VCI-300.

Anyone got any Ideas as to wich knobs would all fit the VCI-300 pots?

I really want this mod.

Tech Guru

Default Another Method...

I have also heard of people using dental floss and wrapping it under the knob. This way you can just pull them out without ruining your knob. I have never tried this method but it seems like a good idea for tough to pry knobs.
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::