Row of MF 64 buttons won't change to desired color using utility

Default Row of MF 64 buttons won't change to desired color using utility

My 64 has a strange issue with the second row of buttons from the top, which will not change from from this red color. This just started happening a couple of days ago. I have done factory resetting, tried changing the buttons one at a time, etc. and I cannot get them to go to any other color. Any ideas as to what I can do to fix? Here is a photo of what I just sent to the 64 in utility, and the result on the hardware.
    Attached Images Attached Images

OK this seems to have to do with Ableton. When I quit Live 10 and plug directly into USB without a hub, I was able to change the colors like I want. When I opened my Live session again and pressed play, the row of buttons went red again.

My MIDI monitor is showing "Live Port - Control - Ch 1- Controller 85 - 4" when I press play. 4 corresponds to the color that I think I am seeing on the MF.

I am using this second row as track mute toggles for 8 tracks. I want them to toggle between white (mute off) to black (mute on). Right now, they are toggling from red (off) to white (on). It's not the biggest deal in the world, obviously, but my color setup would make a lot more sense to me. Does anyone have any idea how to set this up so that I can get the correct colors when using Ableton? I get the feeling that somebody has done this before.

Thanks!