Some input in speaker selection

Default Some input in speaker selection

Hi all

Looking at getting a setup for my son. After reading and listing to a few options I decided on going with the RCF brand. While size, weight, ease to carry, deploy and take down all may differ, only considering cost for now, which option will give the better sound. SPL is less important than sound quality for us both, and considering the budget I may get:
    - 2x Art 312 with a 18 inch sub (708 as). About $2500 here. Later to get another 708 if business allows. Due to the price of the Art 312 one can also get 2 more if business require this.
    - 2x Art 715 with no sub for now. About $1600 here. Get the 708 in a few months depending on business.
    - 2x Evox 12 but with no sub. Perhaps 708 in a few years. About $4400 so significantly more expensive, but I can also use this in the house I think (I will sell my existing speakers).
    - 2x Art 745. No sub. About $3500.

Initially he will play at small parties for friends and families for marketing (free), networking, honing his skills (lol … he think he is the bomb) and hoping to get a few weddings and teenage parties. Build on that.

Any input on this ?

For the same money, why wouldn’t you want a brand that’s far more reputable with far more reviews?

Quote Originally Posted by Mastah Kyler View Post
    For the same money, why wouldn’t you want a brand that’s far more reputable with far more reviews?
    Thanks. Like what. I listened to the RCF and the sound was amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastah Kyler View Post
    I'd say RCF are pretty good. I know my friend builds custom speaker cabs for our soundsystem, and he'd love to stick a set of their drivers in.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

i mean i haven't heard these honestly but i have never really heard of them before this post. i did some googling and failed to come up with much of any reviews at all. call me basic, but i love QSC. been using qsc for years and not much comes close to compare to it in clarity or loudness. yamaha dxrs sounds pretty dang close. EV has some killer sound as well (also very lightweight) i would advise against getting a 15" top. they seem to lose some of the frequency response in the mid lows and especially if you are getting a sub, which i would highly recommend getting in your first purchase.

Getting an RCF rig is a very wise decision. Following a hell of a lot of my own research, I would either choose RCF or the JBL SRX line.
    Live rig: Denon Prime (5000M's)
    Retired: Denon x1700, Denon SC3900's, Traktor, Technics SL1200's, my vinyl
    Wish list: Some Roland Aira stuff.

Tech Convert

Stay away from 15" two-way tops unless they have large HF compression drivers (like the ART 745) that allow for a low crossover frequency.