Need Help! Problem: Traktor Pro/S4/MIDI Fighter Spectra is Glitchy
    Tech Convert

Default Need Help! Problem: Traktor Pro/S4/MIDI Fighter Spectra is Glitchy

For about a year now, i have been experiencing serious issues with my Traktor Pro/S4/MIDI Fighter Spectra. I would like to think it's not my computer because it still performs well. In 2017, i had the hard drive replaced after it crashed. Otherwise then that, no issues.

Problem 1) When I'm playing on the S4 without my MIDI FIGHTER settings imported, as soon as i hit a button on it (MF), it automatically starts manipulating the sounds (activating FX). Additionally, the FX type changes altogether. Before, that was impossible unless i imported the appropriate settings.

Problem 2) When problem 1 occurs, i try and import different settings then problem 2 begins. After importing different uploads, my S4 won't respond to anything i press. The music continues to play despite trying to lower volume, pause music, loading another track and etc. I have to close the program altogether.

Problem 3) Sometimes my beat grid freezes (continues to play music) then unfreezes continuously.

All these issues have been occurring for a year now. I've been busy with life so i have never gotten a chance to seek advice from the DJ community. Thanks in advance

My setup,
    Computer: Mac Book Pro 2011, 1TB (less than 50% occupied), 8GB RAM
    Controller: Original Traktor S4 (Just purchased Traktor Pro 3 hoping it would fix issue but didn't)
    MIDI Fighter Spectra

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hi BassHead,

What mappings do you use for both controllers?

[moved to controller mappings sub-forum]

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Hi BassHead,

What mappings do you use for both controllers?

[moved to controller mappings sub-forum]
    I only use mappings on the midi fighter spectra. I bounce from MF Spectra FX^2 (FX SQUARED) and MF Spectra-3D Instant Gratification.

Quote Originally Posted by BassHead View Post
    I only use mappings on the midi fighter spectra. I bounce from MF Spectra FX^2 (FX SQUARED) and MF Spectra-3D Instant Gratification.
    Thanks for your additional info. The problem is that both of this mappings have specific order in the list of all effects so whenever you want to "swap" the MIDI In-Port and Out-Port to select the other mapping you also have to import new FX Settings (by Using bigger Import button twice). This can be solved by correcting the fx order in one mapping to match the second mapping and finally remap all FX Selector commands.

Other tip is, always use Bigger Import button when you are trying to import new mapping which comes with specific FX Settings. Then repeat import process once more to successfully install new fx settings (it's a silly Traktor bug). Finally restart Traktor with your S4 connected and default map for S4 will be added automatically

Tech Convert

Thanks for your additional info. The problem is that both of this mappings have specific order in the list of all effects so whenever you want to "swap" the MIDI In-Port and Out-Port to select the other mapping you also have to import new FX Settings (by Using bigger Import button twice). This can be solved by correcting the fx order in one mapping to match the second mapping and finally remap all FX Selector commands.

Other tip is, always use Bigger Import button when you are trying to import new mapping which comes with specific FX Settings. Then repeat import process once more to successfully install new fx settings (it's a silly Traktor bug). Finally restart Traktor with your S4 connected and default map for S4 will be added automatically
    hmmm. im not going to lie, i can barely understand this. i honestly have no experience doing this type of thing.

When you say use "bigger import button twice," are you referring to the import button that pops up when the settings icon is selected? when the settings icon is selected, three choices on the bottom come up, "set wizard, import, export."

hmmm. im not going to lie, i can barely understand this. i honestly have no experience doing this type of thing.

When you say use "bigger import button twice," are you referring to the import button that pops up when the settings icon is selected? when the settings icon is selected, three choices on the bottom come up, "set wizard, import, export."
    Bigger Import is located at lower-left side of the preferences window. (In between "Wizard" and "Export")
    Use it to import your Midifighter mapping. And repeat twice for correct fx settings.

Tech Convert

Bigger Import is located at lower-left side of the preferences window. (In between "Wizard" and "Export")
    Use it to import your Midifighter mapping. And repeat twice for correct fx settings.
    Got it to work! Thanks. The only issue I’m having now is my beat grid starts to freeze. I’m thinking I need to upgrade some hardware. Any idea what to upgrade. RAM? Memory? Anything else?
    I have 8gb of ram and 1 TB of memory (550gb available)
    TIA

Got it to work! Thanks. The only issue I’m having now is my beat grid starts to freeze. I’m thinking I need to upgrade some hardware. Any idea what to upgrade. RAM? Memory? Anything else?
    I have 8gb of ram and 1 TB of memory (550gb available)
    TIA
    It's probably a CPU issue - what's your full computer specs. Ni recommends any i5 clocked at minimum 2.0 GHz

Tech Convert

It's probably a CPU issue - what's your full computer specs. Ni recommends any i5 clocked at minimum 2.0 GHz
    MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)
    Processor: 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7
    Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536MB