no HOT CUE colours from DJTT mapping
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default no HOT CUE colours from DJTT mapping

Hi guys I want to use the below mapping from this forum

https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/4772

mapping is great BUT the HOT CUES all show as BLUE only whether they are existing Hot Cues or new ones you try to add no matter what type of cue point you try to use.

Please help as the rest of the mapping looks great but this could be a real pain to get around

Thanks

Bart

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

You might need to edit your Hotcue 1-8 Type commands. Open the Controller Manager and look up for this group commands in the Assignment Table.

Once you locate these go ahead and assign a "Hotcue 1-8 State" by them. When you assign this modifier you will notice that there will be several different states to choose from. Select your Hotcue 1 State and create 6 duplicates of this command, than assign cue modifier to all seven commands associated with CUE 1.

1) Empty..........(min=0 ; max=0) LED is OFF
    2) Cue..............(min=0 ; max=???) Blue
    3) Fade-In.........(min=0 ; max=???) Orange
    4) Fade-Out.......(min=0 ; max=???) Orange
    5) Load.............(min=0 ; max=???) Yellow
    6) Grid..............(min=0 ; max=???) White
    7) Loop.............(min=0 ; max=???) Green

So basically you need to figure midi codes for RGB and assign corresponding color value to each modifier type.
    Hope this helps.

Tech Mentor

[

Thanks I'm unclear what I need to search for in the 1st instance though?

Do you know if it's possible to assign an Echo effect to a knob and then later to a pad?

QUOTE=Stewe;768639]You might need to edit your Hotcue 1-8 Type commands. Open the Controller Manager and look up for this group commands in the Assignment Table.

Once you locate these go ahead and assign a "Hotcue 1-8 State" by them. When you assign this modifier you will notice that there will be several different states to choose from. Select your Hotcue 1 State and create 6 duplicates of this command, than assign cue modifier to all seven commands associated with CUE 1.

So basically you need to figure midi codes for RGB and assign corresponding color value to each modifier type.
    Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

Tech Mentor

Stewe

thanks again for your reply BUT i am confused as hell as I have no idea about mapping controllers
    I have only ever done basic keyboard mappings and some simple mappings to buttons

help please??????????????

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    You might need to edit your Hotcue 1-8 Type commands. Open the Controller Manager and look up for this group commands in the Assignment Table.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by bartjunited View Post
    Stewe

thanks again for your reply BUT i am confused as hell as I have no idea about mapping controllers
    I have only ever done basic keyboard mappings and some simple mappings to buttons

help please??????????????
    Ok so this can be complicated if you never mapped LED feedback. But I already told you what you need to do.
    What I can suggest send a custom mapping request here: http://traktormappingservice.com

Tech Mentor

This is not a mapping I have created I got it from this forum so I am assuming they would have made it with the correct colours as it's quite an advanced mapping but for some reason the cue point colours do you not work for me hence why I was looking for a device to see what I can do I do not know how to contact the author either

This is not a mapping I have created I got it from this forum so I am assuming they would have made it with the correct colours as it's quite an advanced mapping but for some reason the cue point colours do you not work for me hence why I was looking for a device to see what I can do I do not know how to contact the author either
    I'm not completely sure on this, but it could be that mapping was originally created for first generation SX which doesn't support a different colors on pads. And since midi note/cc mapping is the same it basically work but the pads are registering to whichever color of RGB is associated with the last midi value (127)

That could be one reason why you're seeing only one color in each hotcue state.

Tech Mentor

Yes I think you're right that the mapping was created for the SX initially

Anything I can do? Is it worth sending a request to the mapping service?

Other than DJTT and Traktor Bible anywhere else I might find a mapping?

Anything I can do? Is it worth sending a request to the mapping service?
    How many mappings did you try out so far? Was there any existing map with working colored hotcues? (asking this because I don't know codes for different pad colors)

Other than DJTT and Traktor Bible anywhere else I might find a mapping?
    Search in DJ forums basically.

Tech Mentor

so I have tried maybe 5 other mappings and the others do display the correct colour codes for the buttons
    for example this one https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/3695
    not only does it display the correct colour codes this one allows you to change the cue point colours using the pads e.g. if you set a hot cue to CUE you press shift + 1 of the pads and can change it to a FADE IN CUE

however the effects on the pads that this has set up are not what I want.

the mapping I am using makes using the effects a lot easier plus has a nice clean set up to allow you to choose from 4 different ECHO OUT settings too

TIA Bart

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast