DVJ 1000 platter issue

Default DVJ 1000 platter issue

Hi,

I've just purchased a second hand DVJ-1000 and it's in good working order except there's a problem with the top of the platter.

It's feels loose and rattley and seems to be sitting too high as it has maybe 2mm of vertical travel when pushed downwards. It still works fine in terms of stopping the music and spin backs, but I'd like to get it fixed.

Is this something I would be capable of fixing myself or should I leave it to an expert, I understand these units are similar to the CDJ 1000 Mk3?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cerestan View Post
    Hi,

I've just purchased a second hand DVJ-1000 and it's in good working order except there's a problem with the top of the platter.

It's feels loose and rattley and seems to be sitting too high as it has maybe 2mm of vertical travel when pushed downwards. It still works fine in terms of stopping the music and spin backs, but I'd like to get it fixed.

Is this something I would be capable of fixing myself or should I leave it to an expert, I understand these units are similar to the CDJ 1000 Mk3?

Thanks
    Take it to a Pioneer Certified Service Center. Parts are pretty cheap across the CDJ line, so make sure they don't overcharge you.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Guru

it probably just needs new springs
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Thanks guys.

I think I'll take it to an electronics guy I've used before. He can no doubt fix the issue and also give it a general service.

Well I had it looked at and the tech guy had it apart but couldn't find anything wrong with it. I'm a it bemused as I thought the tops of the jog wheel were always fixed on Pioneers. Not that it feels non-intuitive to use so it won't bother me that much.

It's apparently in good order internally so perhaps I should count my blessings. :-)

Default Yeaaaa

I've always been confused about things like this..... Does anybody know what kind of controllers are the best for having a nice platter?