Hey Tech-toolians,

I hope everybody got some great DJ and music production gear for x-mas or at least set aside some $$ to treat yourself to something.

Speaking of which, I was looking to buy myself some treats! Unfortunately, it seems this self-giving has lead to some disappointing realizations.

It all started a couple weeks ago when I purchased the Solar Breeze expansion pack for Maschine only to realize that half of the great features in the sound pack were for the latest version of Maschine only. I shouldn't forget to mention that I'm still on Maschine MK1 and running 1.8.2 (which, from my understanding, is the the most recent update still compatible with MK1 hardware).

Furthermore, I just updated my MacBook Pro's OS to Mojave. This lead to some more compatibility issues. I, for the life of me, haven't figure out how to launch Maschine in 64-bit mode and NONE of my NI plug-ins will launch in Maschine.

Now, I know I'm way behind the times but hey...what ain't broke right? I've come to the conclusion that I do NEED to upgrade. I absolutely love my Maschine MK1, but it's starting to become a bit of a paper-weight. I would love a full sized MK3 but I really can't justify the cost. Oddly enough, I make significantly more money now than when I first bought my MK1

I don't write/produce music nearly as much as I used to. This has lead me to consider the Maschine Mikro MK3. I know I'll be losing some dedicated tactile controls and will be more reliant on the software. I'm curious if anybody here has transitioned from a full sized Maschine to a Mikro. Furthermore, has anybody had similar compatibility issues with the Maschine MK1 and Mojave OS.

I'd love to hear some thoughts and suggestions.

Here's to a healthy new year with lots of music!

Cheers,