Calibrate DDJ SX2 to use with Traktor
    Tech Mentor

Default Calibrate DDJ SX2 to use with Traktor

I have recently started to use a DDJ SX2 with Traktor again after a brief spell with Rekordbox.

I am using a mapping from DJ Tech Tools to enable me to use the controller with Traktor.

However one thing I've noticed is that when placing your hand on the job wheel to cut up with cue point on the Sx2 jumps around.

On the Sx2 the jog wheel is illuminated and a piece of the "wheel" is missing to indicate the cue point.

What is happening is for example if the cue point is at the 12 o clock position when I start cutting up as I let the sample out and drag it back the cue point moves to say 3pm point and this carries on.

Is there a way to calibrate the sx2 jog wheel or is there anything I can do to stop this?

TIA Bart

This sounds like the equivalent of sticker drift.

The solution is to NOT spin back to the cue “marker”. Just stop the track by touching and holding your the jog with one hand, then manually triggger the cue point with your other hand.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Guru

traktor doesn't see the SX2 as an HID device, hence you're scratching with midi...it does and will drift. you can adjust sensitivities in settings but that about it
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Tech Mentor

Thanks Chris
    Do you mean adjust sensitivities within Traktor if so where?
    Thanks Bart

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bartjunited View Post
    Thanks Chris
    Do you mean adjust sensitivities within Traktor if so where?
    Thanks Bart
    yes, in the mapping for the jog wheels
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Tech Mentor

Ok im being stupid but I don't know where u mean. Within controller manager I can't see where this can be?
    Last edited by Stewe; 01-11-2019 at 04:27 AM.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bartjunited View Post
    Ok im being stupid but I don't know where u mean. Within controller manager I can't see where this can be?
    Look up for "Jog Turn" commands. Once you locate those click on each command (there may be 4 different commands one for each deck in Traktor) and adjust the rotary sensitivity.