MP3Gain weird result with a song - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Moussaraser View Post
    Thank you all for your answers !

Well, you're definitely right, it does not sound bad to me so I shouldn't worry about visualization.

That said, I don't feel very comfortable uploading a set with a waveform like the one I got with Soundcloud (cf. my first message). I mean, it just looks wrong, it's like if I had fucked up something haha...

JB
    Anyone judging you by looking at your wave form rather than listening to your mix isnt someone worth worrying about.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

One thing is waveform in Traktor but with that waveform in soundcloud I would bet it doesn't sound the same.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Yeah I know that's very weird. As far as I remember, I never saw this before in Soundcloud so that's why it looks wrong to me...

I put it Public so you can check if you're interested. In my opinion it does not sound louder than the previous song nor the next one (there are 3 differents songs in the record). I mean, the bass are very powerful but overall I cannot say that it's louder.

https://soundcloud.com/lacourje/2019-01-05-23h55m16
    (it's a very stupid record haha, it was just to check, don't judge my skills with this )

JB
    Last edited by Moussaraser; 01-09-2019 at 05:32 PM.

Perhaps there was a lot of compression on that track when it was recorded/mastered? That's what it looks like to me. Anyway, the recording sounds fine, so don't worry about it.

Intoxicated /adj./ When you feel sophisticated without being able to pronounce it.

facebook.com/DJJakeLake
    jakelake.info

I almost don't have any knowledge in mastering but I thought the same thing. This was an "unreleased remix" that Kerri Chandler recently shared on his Facebook page. So, maybe no one really mastered it because it was not supposed to be released.

But I'm surprised it's the first time I see this. Some old tracks or tracks from independant artists should be bad mastered as well I guess..

JB
    Last edited by Moussaraser; 01-12-2019 at 04:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moussaraser View Post
    I almost don't have any knowledge in mastering but I thought the same thing. This was an "unreleased remix" that Kerri Chandler recently shared on his Facebook page. So, maybe no one really mastered it because it was not supposed to be released.

But I'm surprised it's the first time I see this. Some old tracks or tracks from independant artists should be bad mastered as well I guess..

JB
    It's more likely someone who didn't know what they were doing squashed the crap out of it and called it mastering.

Indie vs. big doesn't really matter...just who did it and what they were going for. And while going old enough will find quieter masters, it's very much possible they were better before the DIY era when every idiot with a webcam started putting out guides and a bunch of producers with compromised monitoring started thinking they could do it themselves.

I see.

Thank you everyone, that really helped me to have a clearer view about all of that stuff. This is probably just a song that was not mastered following usual standards. And, in the end, the most important is how it sounds!

I won't hesitate to come back to that forum

JB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12