Android MediaPlayer - How to tell how good the speaker is?

Default Android MediaPlayer - How to tell how good the speaker is?

Is there a way to determine the quality of the speaker on the phone? I have all my mp3s run through mp3gain and set to 99db which at max volume sounds ok on one phone but is very loud and staticy on another phone. Due I assume to the difference in the speakers.

Now I can just adjust my volume down on the loud phone and the mp3 sounds great. But is there a way for me to automatically detect the difference between the two phones and adjust down the volume on my loud phone?

I'd rather not scare people off the app when they come in and hear all the static. I assume I can re-record in a professional recording studio to eliminate that background static noise when the volume is high,krogerfeedback.com but still it'd be nice to auto adjust the volume for the user since I have to mp3gain the volume so high to get it to play reasonable at max volume on some phones.

Some sort of hardware info access?
    Last edited by Gladys254; 01-12-2019 at 12:47 AM.

I'd NEVER set max volume as 99db.

I always use 89db for precisely the reason you stated.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

No cellphone speaker should every be used to determine sound quality of any kind. Use headphones, or plug into a sound system. And I agree, back off the max volume.

Intoxicated /adj./ When you feel sophisticated without being able to pronounce it.

facebook.com/DJJakeLake
    jakelake.info

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by jakeintox View Post
    No cellphone speaker should every be used to determine sound quality of any kind. Use headphones, or plug into a sound system. And I agree, back off the max volume.
    * “Most” Android phones use the processors onboard DAC and will sound crap even through the headphone jack.

*Certain Android phones e.g. LG V30 have a separate DAC, but very few.