Cartridge Advice

Default Cartridge Advice

Hello DJTT Forum,

I am new here and excited to be part of a music loving community. I have a question regarding cartridges.

A brief intro of the set up. So I used to dj as a teenager and after a long while away I am getting back into it. I have 2 Numark pro TT-1s (from when I started) and now have the traktor kontrol Z2 mixer. I am playing vinyl and time code vinyl through traktor. Currently I have the old old old Stanton 500 cartridge.

My question for this set up and vinyl/time code vinyl use, is what are the best cartridges I should be focusing on? Been doing some research but need advice from ppl in the know. Shure seemed a good bet, but now they are stopping i don't really want to go down that road. So that leaves, Otofon........
    Are digital cartridges really that much beneficial? (or is it marketing?) or can you just stick with a normal good cartridge?
    Looking at the Otofon Digital Concorde Mk2, Otofon concorde Mix Mk2, Otofon Reloop concorde, or the Numark CC1.
    What are your thoughts?
    Would love any input, or if I am way off the mark (as I said been out of the dj loop for a while)
    Thanks in advance

Either the Pro S (if you have vinyl) or MK2 Digital
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Thank you.

I do have my old vinyl but think most of the play in the future will come through time code as my vinyls are back from the late 90's early 2000 so a lot of trance, but i will still play them.

I have been looking at the OM Pro S and you think that would also be good in terms of playback with time code?

Thank you for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by JaeCee View Post
    Thank you.

I do have my old vinyl but think most of the play in the future will come through time code as my vinyls are back from the late 90's early 2000 so a lot of trance, but i will still play them.

I have been looking at the OM Pro S and you think that would also be good in terms of playback with time code?

Thank you for the advice.
    Yessuh. I have had the same stylii on my Pro S pair for a little over 8 months not and am still getting a clean and balanced signal. I have them paired with Stanton HS4 Headshells.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6