DJ headphone choosing guide - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    You are a horrible friend
    Hahaha. Please suggest me a specific brand. I did not purchase yet.

Ultrasone Pro DJ1 if not on a budget
    Audio Technica M50X if on a budget
    Urbanears Zinken if you are on a tight budget
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Iíve used beats pro for many years. Not sure why ppl dog them, maybe to much money for them. Many big DJís use beats.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by Volumetrix1200 View Post
    I’ve used beats pro for many years. Not sure why ppl dog them, maybe to much money for them. Many big DJ’s use beats.
    Beats pro's are a far call from regular 'ol run of the mill beats. But yes far overpriced for what you get (like everything monster or previously monster).

OP You'll see lots of headphones mentioned, everyone has their preference for gigging, most will not be Beats however - Start by googling for best DJ headphones and refine by the ones you see mentioned the most often.

Don't touch wireless no matter what for DJ headphones (important)

You can pick up some serious bargains at sometimes less than 1/2 price on headphones on Ebay for factory refurbished headphones in retail packaging e.g. today I see Factory refurbished Beyerdynamic t51's for $119 ... thats nearly $100 less than the retail price.

Default DJ headphone choosing guide

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    Ultrasone Pro DJ1 if not on a budget
    Audio Technica M50X if on a budget
    Urbanears Zinken if you are on a tight budget
    I read the review here https://bestwirelessbluetoothheadpho...-headphones/#5
    Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT I think you mention this model because there is another Audio-Technica M50 https://www.audio-technica.com/cms/h...6b1/index.html

Sennhiser hd25-ii best £125 ever spent, every part of them are replaceable so if something gets broke you donít have to buy a new set! Was recommended buy a dj friend of mine who plays along side some of the biggest names in trance

I expect to get flamed for this, but here goes.

I bought a pair of these gaming headphones (stop laughing) and was so impressed with them I've stopped using my Sennheisers. They are ridiculously comfortable and the sound is pretty awesome. They're cheap too, just remember to unplug the stupid mic at the front.

https://www.newegg.com/global/uk-en/...82E16826567031

Quote Originally Posted by Archies'bald View Post
    I expect to get flamed for this, but here goes.

I bought a pair of these gaming headphones (stop laughing) and was so impressed with them I've stopped using my Sennheisers. They are ridiculously comfortable and the sound is pretty awesome. They're cheap too, just remember to unplug the stupid mic at the front.

If they work for you and you aren't using them for mix-downs while producing, no one should ever give you grief for it.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Archies'bald View Post

I currently use Pioneer HDJ-2000 and Sony MDR-7506 (with upgraded Wicked Cushions), but what I really would like is greater noise isolation so I can easily preview songs, without having to crank up the headphone volume. How are these Cougar's in that respect? I notice they come with two different ear cushions.
    Last edited by Hanginon; 02-18-2019 at 12:57 PM.

Do your research and compare as many pairs of headphones as you can, then buy some Sennheiser HD25's while realising you could've been doing something else.
    Live rig: Denon Prime (5000M's)
    Retired: Denon x1700, Denon SC3900's, Traktor, Technics SL1200's, my vinyl
    Wish list: Some Roland Aira stuff.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast