Any recommendations for studio monitors & where to buy?

Default Any recommendations for studio monitors & where to buy?

Hi! I do some audio production as a hobby and want to up my production a little with some decent monitors. I was wondering if there's somewhere I can test and physically hear different monitors to find what I prefer? I'm looking for fairly small speakers as it's not a big room. Are there any shops in Birmingham area that can help me with this? Had a look at the site linked but didn't find much in the way of audio - any advice?

Thanks!
    Last edited by keithace; 01-26-2019 at 12:17 PM.

Any decent music shop should have them set up for trial usage. I know the shops I've been to out here (Los Angeles) has a separate "Audio Studio" section that have numerous monitors set up. I personally got the Rokit 5's based off recommendations from this site and they're amazing.

Try looking at Sam Ash, Guitar Center or any place selling musical gear. Hope that helps.
    A.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1 Technics SL1200, 1 Technics SL1210, Denon DN-X1700, Traktor Kontrol X1, TSP 2.11.2
    Soundcloud Mixcloud

Quote Originally Posted by Halkin View Post
    Hi! I do some audio production as a hobby and want to up my production a little with some decent monitors. I was wondering if there's somewhere I can test and physically hear different monitors to find what I prefer? I'm looking for fairly small speakers as it's not a big room. Are there any shops in Birmingham area that can help me with this?
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantBastard21 View Post
    Any decent music shop should have them set up for trial usage. I know the shops I've been to out here (Los Angeles) has a separate "Audio Studio" section that have numerous monitors set up. I personally got the Rokit 5's based off recommendations from this site and they're amazing.

Try looking at Sam Ash, Guitar Center or any place selling musical gear. Hope that helps.
    I hadn't thought of that - thanks for the suggestion! I'll find some stores and have a look this week.