Pioneer DDJ RZ MIDI Keys Overview
    Tech Student

Default Pioneer DDJ RZ MIDI Keys Overview

@Admins: I think I previously posted in the wrong section, so I'm posting here

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum.
    I've always loved DJ Techtools as a resource for information regarding hardware.

Now I decided to join the forum as well.

Recently I purchased the Pioneer DDJ-RZ.

I love Traktor 3 (am using the new 3.1.0 update as we speak).

So stubborn as I am, I'm trying to get this baby working with Traktor 3, which is actually going pretty good thanks to the available SZ mappings. (I'm not comfortable with Rekordbox yet.)

But I wanted to know a bit more what each button does in Traktor (which MIDI note is which) so I made a map of this controller, including which notes change when Shift is pressed.

I thought it be a cool move to share it with you, who knows if it may be useful to some?
    Then you don't have to go through the brain-deadening process I did
    when you want to further customize the mapping.

I'll probably make a better version as it is currently in a PDF format with no vectors for the text.
    I can't include the PDF in this post due to file size,but I can send it to you if you like.

I guess its something. Just ask me if you can't read something.

I was thinking it would be cool if manufacturers include this type of map with the release of their hardware.

Makes reading other peoples mappings a lot easier if you ask me.

Well see you around!

Peace.

- FNKSHNL

MIDI notes.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by FNKSHNL View Post

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum.
    I've always loved DJ Techtools as a resource for information regarding hardware.

So stubborn as I am, I'm trying to get this baby working with Traktor 3, which is actually going pretty good thanks to the available SZ mappings. (I'm not comfortable with Rekordbox yet.)

But I wanted to know a bit more what each button does in Traktor (which MIDI note is which) so I made a map of this controller, including which notes change when Shift is pressed.

I thought it be a cool move to share it with you, who knows if it may be useful to some?

I'll probably make a better version as it is currently in a PDF format with no vectors for the text.
    I can't include the PDF in this post due to file size,but I can send it to you if you like.

I was thinking it would be cool if manufacturers include this type of map with the release of their hardware.

Well see you around!

Peace.

- FNKSHNL

MIDI notes.jpg
    My friend I'm Spanish and also I'm new in this forum. Sorry for my English use. I buyed DDJ RZ one month ago, and also I love Traktor. Like you, I've looking for a mapping for RZ some time.

I don't know exactly what the code map is for (I hope you understand me), but it will surely help me. I have no idea of mapping controllers so this is new for me.

Thank you very much for your post, it's a gift for me, I was desperate because I don't like Rekordbox.

I hope you can help me to understand your mape code to use traktor in my RZ. I will send you my email privately so you can send me the file in pdf format and be able to speak better. I hope there are more people interested and can contribute.

Thanks a lot (again)

Quote Originally Posted by FNKSHNL View Post

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum.

Well see you around!

Peace.

- FNKSHNL

MIDI notes.jpg
    I have no way to send a private message in this forum. I leave mi mail here. robllapar@hotmail.com

Tech Wizard

Pioneer has the list of midi messages for the RZ:
    https://www.pioneerdj.com/-/media/pi...213EC73F935FBF

Except for the unique buttons, the codes ad the same as SZ and SX2 etc controllers.
    So my mapping will work there direclty. Latest version is:
    https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/9222

Please have a go