Traktor midi-button activated to next beat
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb Traktor midi-button activated to next beat

I would like to map a midi button on my Allen & Heath K2 (kill beat) to the beat sync.
    So that when I press the button it will be automatically activated/active on the next beat.
    Is this possible in Traktor? I use the latest version of Traktor 3 Pro on my Macbook Pro.

I would like to pres a button on my midi controller, and the function is getting activated on the next beat.
    Could you explain how to do that.
    Thank you!

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Should be possible with Beat Phase output command.
    I'm wondering why would you want that instead of standard instantaneous control?

Hey, thank you!
    I just need that function to trigger a lot of functions without having to count the beat.
    Is it possible to explain in short how to map such a function to my kill beat midi button?

Interesting. I'm going to try and see if I can create that.

Which functions do you want to trigger then?
    You want to create some sort of quantize feature?

That would be great!

I want to activate the beat-kill always on the beat, and also when i trigger the beat kill again to bring the beat back, I want it to be activated exactly on the next beat.
    Now when I use the beat-kill it sometimes brings in the beat again in the middle of the next beat, or it kills the beat half way a beat. With the synced trigger i can avoid that.

Quote Originally Posted by FelixDJ View Post
    Hey, thank you!
    I just need that function to trigger a lot of functions without having to count the beat.
    Is it possible to explain in short how to map such a function to my kill beat midi button tellthebell?
    Hey there,
    Thanks for asking this question because i have also the same questions in my mind. Is there anyone who can help?
    Last edited by Stephanie410; 03-14-2019 at 11:38 PM.

Hey Guys, I tried but couldn't manage to get this working.
    Need to spend some more time with it.

OK, keep us posted if you have any update.
    Thnx for trying.

I bet it wouldn't sound great anyway, mate.

Sometimes, you need to kill/un-kill a frequency a micro-fraction of a beat before the next note/beat kicks in (I'm assuming you mean Hi/Mid/Lo freq. kill/un-kill, here?).

It's the kind of thing that you can't really automate, since there are so many variables (a kick drum needs to be brought in at a different time that a pad or a synth note - and that will all depend on the track you're playing, and will be different for every track).
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    I bet it wouldn't sound great anyway, mate.

Sometimes, you need to kill/un-kill a frequency a micro-fraction of a beat before the next note/beat kicks in (I'm assuming you mean Hi/Mid/Lo freq. kill/un-kill, here?).

It's the kind of thing that you can't really automate, since there are so many variables (a kick drum needs to be brought in at a different time that a pad or a synth note - and that will all depend on the track you're playing, and will be different for every track).
    It should work for the kick though, of course if tracks are proper on beat grids.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast