Pioneer controller parts are boxed off. Help needed urgent

Default Pioneer controller parts are boxed off. Help needed urgent

Hi, this is my first post - im done trying to deal with Pioneer who want to charge £40 to "inspect" my unit before even providing a quote for the part i need.

I own a DDJ 400 (Soon to be DDJ 1000) but i have snapped the notch on the crossfader. The part i need is DWX4157 which i believe is exclusive to the 400. All it is is the fader attached to a small circuit board that clips into the main board. Its a 3 minute job to replace requiring no soldering.

I just CANNOT get any sense from Pioneer or its minion repair centres. I have found the part in the USA on Ebay but they want £70 plus £38 shipping. Thats half what i paid for the whole unit.

Is there anywhere i can get this part or does anyone have a knackered DDJ400 for spares? Im sure others have had this "Bugatti dealership" mentality when trying to deal with the Pioneer Mafia. Any guidance would be of great assistance. Can i get non pioneer parts anywhere even?

Thanks for reading. Fingers crossed someone can assist. I have attached images if that helps. Thanks

dwx4157.jpgdwx4157.jpgFader fuckery.jpg

Tech Guru

If it was me, id just buy the fader and replace it on the board...requires soldering skills though. the fader itself will be very cheap
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

- Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Quote Originally Posted by djchriswoods.co.uk View Post
    If it was me, id just buy the fader and replace it on the board...requires soldering skills though. the fader itself will be very cheap
    Thanks for the advice, i cant solder to save my life i would destroy something but your right, the part is £20 without the circuit board. Ive just paid £52 for the part the caltec and its coming from Germany.

To the other guy who posted the link, thanks im in UK though - the part on there was $40 so maybe £15 -£20 cheaper but it will probably cost the same or more after international postage etc.

Thanks for your help