broadcasting S4 + Youtube on PC not working

Default broadcasting S4 + Youtube on PC not working

Hey Guys and Girls!

I recently bought an S4 after my S2 felt too small for what I wanted to do with my tracks, thus buying a second-hand S4 from a friendly guy. I got a transfer licence from him to NI so that was fixed in the same day, great stuff right?!

Now I connected it to my PC (i7 3770K, GTX 1070, all-in-all a great pc), the S4 is connected through the MAIN L+R (Red + White cables) which goes from L+R to a 3.5mm Jack (I have some Logitech 5.1 set which doesn’t have those L+R), all fine: speakers work, S4 works. GREAT!

Here comes my problem: I mostly stream for friends on YouTube or twitch, and wanted to do this with my new toy. Unfortunately, there was no sound registered in OBS, a program/tool that helps me add webcams and other fun things.

Basically I replaced my S2 with the S4, same place, same setup in traktor (just 4 decks instead of 2 obviously) and respective USB/power cables were changes of course…But the OBS and traktor settings were not changes, yet the audio wasn’t coming through/registering in OBS/Windows 10. ****!!!

I used to get sound to my PC/OBS by connecting a cable (3.5mm Stereo Jack (Female) to 1/4 inch Stereo Plug (Male)) from my MIC port on the S4 to my MIC input (the red/pink hole on the back of my PC). Then I select Aux on OBW/Windows and the sound would appear/listen to the input from there MIC, perfect.

As I’ve said: this doesn’t work anymore, there is literally no sound coming through the mic cable for some reason…I tried resetting traktor, resetting OBS and tried fiddling with settings in TRAKTOR and Windows /OBS (like input, sources etc etc). No solution, also found nothing on the web for this specific issue, it seems everyone has no problems with streaming online on a S4 + youtube? Why do I have this issue?!

Only possible culprits I can think of are the Licenses for S2/S4 and TRAKTOR.

I currently have the following possible downloads on my personal ‘Products, serials & downloads’ page:
    • TRAKTOR KONTROL S2 HW
    • TRAKTOR PRO 2 for TRAKTOR KONTROL S2 HW
    • TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 MK2 HW

All of these downloads give me the same download as far as I can see: Traktor_2_2111_PC.zip.

What Im thinking is that maybe the S4 has a different setup/settings than my original TRAKTOR S2 program had, which means that the settings don’t work correctly with my ‘new’ S4, thus breaking the sound output to my PC. This actually is the only thing I can think of that would stop sound from outputting to my PC, as everything else was pretty much the same as my S2 setup.

Is there a TRAKTOR S4 PRO license in missing? Do I have to reinstall something, did I miss a setting, is there a better way to stream altogether?

I have a macbook available if anyone has a better fix for streaming, I have all the tools but limited knowledge unfortunately, which is why I resorted to you guys and girls to hopefully shed some light on why this problem is happening to only me….

I have added images of the setup/ cables I used to hopefully make this a bit easier to understand…If someone needs further details please ask!!

1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg
    4.jpg
    5.jpg
    6.jpg
    7.jpg

My thread of Native Instruments can be found here: https://www.native-instruments.com/f.../#post-1770657

last but not least: im willing to pay someone to help me set this up via teamspeak+teamviewer or just whatever works for you to fix this for me, me being the noob that I am :/

bump

1. congratulations for probably the best asked help post from a "noob". Informative, with printscreens etc.

2. cannot help you, have no experience with OBS. but I hope somebody will chime in
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    1. congratulations for probably the best asked help post from a "noob". Informative, with printscreens etc.

2. cannot help you, have no experience with OBS. but I hope somebody will chime in
    here I am thinking I did a horrible post and not enough information was added lol....still no help though, sucks

Still not able to stream ugh, im starting to think im . missing something thats broken or whatever..

@lunaticz0r
    I've written a How-to stream audio+video with a phone (iOS + Android) with OBS setup.
    Audio is taken from soundcard, Video is taken from phone.
    This might help you (up till step 12 for Android / up till step 14 for iOS should be the same for you;
    after that u use your YouTube streaming service instead)
    See: https://mega.nz/#!4cRzFLZJ!olffrHNtv...KgNX9AX1F8e3wc
    Current DJ Gear: Kontrol S8 | Denon DN-SC2000 | V-Moda XS / Logitech Z5500
    Past:
    Numark 4TRAK / Kontrol X1 + Z1 + F1 / Novation Twitch / Denon MC3000
    Reloop Jockey 3 Remix / M-Audio Xponent / V-Moda Crossfade LP