Seeking advice - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Seeking advice

Quote Originally Posted by Cadiz View Post
    Pretty much Techno.
    Or how would you qualify the music of Chris Liebing, Adam Beyer, Nicole Moudaber, Sam Paganini and co. more accurately?

If I go with Ableton, is Live Suite worth the money for my level (0 but ambitious)?
    Standard is more than enough. Thats all i use and got vinyl releases blah blah.. I'd get an M32 too as well personally. A midi keyboard goes a long way and you get a lot of bonus bits with the package! I do really like Komplete bits.
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    Standard is more than enough. Thats all i use and got vinyl releases blah blah.. I'd get an M32 too as well personally. A midi keyboard goes a long way and you get a lot of bonus bits with the package! I do really like Komplete bits.
    To add to this: There are so many free VSTs and samples out there to beef up your collection.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Pretty much Techno.
    Or how would you qualify the music of Chris Liebing, Adam Beyer, Nicole Moudaber, Sam Paganini and co. more accurately?

If I go with Ableton, is Live Suite worth the money for my level (0 but ambitious)?
    Get an Elektron Digitakt and shortly after a Digitone. You will thank me later. For chuggin techno basslines, the SE-02 will do you more than justice.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

No.

Get the free version, download some free sample packs, and some free live packs, and you’re good to go.

You don’t need any controllers or hardware to make great music.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    No.

Get the free version, download some free sample packs, and some free live packs, and you’re good to go.

You don’t need any controllers or hardware to make great music.
    Patches is right! There is so many free virtual instruments and plugins out there. Here is a link to one website.
    http://www.maxforlive.com/index.php

Tech Convert

Hi again guys, thank you so far for the great response and help! Great community!

Can someone please explain to me the difference between an FM-Synthesizer (i.e. Elektron Digiton) and an Sampler/ Digital Drum Computer (Elekton Digitakt)

Most of people advise me to start with Ableton but the idea of creating music while on vacation or just outside home in the nature far away from the iMac is so compelling ...

Troll.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Convert

Another thing: does Ableton Push work also as a standalone device or does it need to be continuously connected to the PC/Software?

Hi again guys, thank you so far for the great response and help! Great community!

Can someone please explain to me the difference between an FM-Synthesizer (i.e. Elektron Digiton) and an Sampler/ Digital Drum Computer (Elekton Digitakt)

Most of people advise me to start with Ableton but the idea of creating music while on vacation or just outside home in the nature far away from the iMac is so compelling ...
    Digitakt is a sampler which plays samples. You can use single cycle samples and play them as a single oscillator synth, but thats outside the beginner realm.

The Digitone uses one Oscillator waveform to alter another creating unique harmonics in the process. It is strictly a synthesizer.

The Push does require a computer to use, hence my recommendation of hardware. Especially if you are like me and travel a lot, the Digitakt paired with my Digitone still takes up less space on tray table than the laptop does.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Convert

Do I need a DAW like Ableton Live if I go with the Digitakt?

What's a song mode? (Seems to be missing and people complain about it)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast