Seeking advice - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Seeking advice

Quote Originally Posted by Cadiz View Post
    Do I need a DAW like Ableton Live if I go with the Digitakt?

What's a song mode? (Seems to be missing and people complain about it)
    You do not need a DAW. The digitakt does support pattern chaining (in replacement of song mode).
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Convert

I am impressed by this video:

Can you please help me understand the difference between the Krog Electribe and the Digitakt? I thought first that both of them are Drum Machines / Samplers (Competitors) but the guy in the video is using both of them at the same time to produce.

Tech Convert

What do you think about the Synthstorm Deluge?

There are two Electribes. One is a groovebox (Synthesized and sampled sounds). The other is a sampler. The biggest difference between the electribes and the digitakt are sound quality. There is a huge lack in clarity on the Electribe which is a limit of the hardware itself.

The synthstrom Deluge is a great piece of kit. However, it is very expensive and has a steep learning curve.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

This thread just screams "walk before you try to run".

Cadiz, I'd focus on learning the basics using software before throwing yourself into the hardware side. Much lower bar for entry with Ableton Live Intro, and you can always expand your setup with hardware.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123