Do we need to talk about the Colonel Sanders moment at WMC?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Do we need to talk about the Colonel Sanders moment at WMC?

I watched it and thought to myself "Some unoriginal jackass is really doing this" and shook my head and moved on. I didn't realize until later that it was advertising. KFC paid someone alot of money to let them do this. The price of the ticket isn't enough? They have to blast me with advertising?

Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

There are plenty of talented but unknown DJ's that should have had this slot. Pure corporate bullshit wins everytime, it ain't about the music just all about the money. I'm not clicking on the link to give them more views.

Quote Originally Posted by oddworld_audio View Post
    There are plenty of talented but unknown DJ's that should have had this slot. Pure corporate bullshit wins everytime, it ain't about the music just all about the money. I'm not clicking on the link to give them more views.
    It was only a 4 minutes intermission, but the wider issue is that Ultra has sold its soul for a few more bucks. It's not even like tickets aren't ridiculously expensive already. Hopefully the backlash will make them reconsider this stupid concept.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Quote Originally Posted by astromech View Post
    It was only a 4 minutes intermission, but the wider issue is that Ultra has sold its soul for a few more bucks. It's not even like tickets aren't ridiculously expensive already. Hopefully the backlash will make them reconsider this stupid concept.
    Well Ultra always was a Commercial Event and kinda used as the Showcase from WMC.

WMC always was a professional Conference.

With the Explosion of the amount of DJs and the growing importance of DJs in the Pop-Culture both e^vents just changed. WMC opened to a bigger crowd than before. I remember sitting next to Madonna and George Michael and having Drinks back in the very early 90's, this Kind of Superstars walked around at WMC without huge Security like Bodyguards...because they, and everbody else, was there for Business reason. No Groupies or fans that won their tickets on a raffle

To be honnest Ultra always been Commercial and the tickets always were overpriced in comparison to other Festivals, only the 2010's years brought up some Festivals that have same Prices than Ultra (like EDC, Coachella, etc...) bevor in the 80's & 90's one went to Festivals because it was a cheap way to see lots of artists at the same Location and the same date.

MUsic generally became a Business my friend...not a lot of Art in Music anymore.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Nawlins View Post
    Well Ultra always was a Commercial Event and kinda used as the Showcase from WMC.
    IMHO its like paying for Netflix only to have your movie interrupted by ads - no, not cool.

WMC always was a professional Conference.

With the Explosion of the amount of DJs and the growing importance of DJs in the Pop-Culture both e^vents just changed. WMC opened to a bigger crowd than before. I remember sitting next to Madonna and George Michael and having Drinks back in the very early 90's, this Kind of Superstars walked around at WMC without huge Security like Bodyguards...because they, and everbody else, was there for Business reason. No Groupies or fans that won their tickets on a raffle

To be honnest Ultra always been Commercial and the tickets always were overpriced in comparison to other Festivals, only the 2010's years brought up some Festivals that have same Prices than Ultra (like EDC, Coachella, etc...) bevor in the 80's & 90's one went to Festivals because it was a cheap way to see lots of artists at the same Location and the same date.

MUsic generally became a Business my friend...not a lot of Art in Music anymore.
    There's plenty of art. You just have to scratch the surface, which most can't be bothered to do.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

To be honnest Ultra always been Commercial and the tickets always were overpriced in comparison to other Festivals.

Looks pretty far from commercial to me...

Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

WTF was that shit. Pass on that lads LMAO. Will stick to bush parties thanks.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

The thing I like about that Ultra flyer is that is isn't plastered with DJ logos.
    But yeah, clubbing and events went commercial and corporate decades ago. The KFC thing comes as no surprise, in fact someone else has probably already done it somewhere.
    Live rig: Denon Prime (5000M's)
    Retired: Denon x1700, Denon SC3900's, Traktor, Technics SL1200's, my vinyl
    Wish list: Some Roland Aira stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Stazbumpa View Post
    The thing I like about that Ultra flyer is that is isn't plastered with DJ logos.
    But yeah, clubbing and events went commercial and corporate decades ago. The KFC thing comes as no surprise, in fact someone else has probably already done it somewhere.
    It has been done at multiple rock concerts and sporting events since the early 90's. For some reason, people forgot that modern music festivals have become just as or even more so commercial than the aforementioned.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast