midifighter twister to trigger samples without computer / traktor
    Tech Convert

Default midifighter twister to trigger samples without computer / traktor

hey all, hope everybody's good!

I am planning on building a fully analogue set up with life synths (probably with Xone 92 in the centre due to 2 send/returns).

I am a big fan of the midi fighter twister and its uses in traktor. Is there a sample module that could work with the twister in the same way as the remix deck in traktor would? Something over midi with a usb host in between..

open for any ideas.

thanks a lot all

You’re making problems for yourself.

If you need something like a Remix Deck, why not just use aRenix Deck?

Nothing wrong with a hybrid (analogue/digital) set-up.

Don’t get sucked into the “analogue is better” argument. Do whatever works.

It used to be that analogue gear was more stable. That’s why people used it. But now, pretty much the only reason to go “all analogue” is just so that you can say that you are.

Let your art do the talking. Make great music with whatever gear you do git access to NOW. And if you can already afford to buy whatever (analogue or otherwise) gear you want, I promise you, your time is better spent writing, or practicing, or rehearsing than it is asking questions on a forum.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Convert

Default agreed

thanks for getting back, Patch, and agreed!

On second thought there is nothing wrong with including my mac and traktor into the set-up, whereas I will probably shift towards ableton due to more customization possibilities.

Just need to get my hands on the xone 92 mixer now, but they should be around a lot.

thanks once again

No problem, mate.

There’s a trap. I’ve fallen into it over and over and over again. You ignore the simple solution, because in your mind you think “it can’t be that simple - if it was, everybody would be doing it!”.

Let me tell you. It really IS that easy, and everybody else IS NOT doing it, because of their own limiting beliefs.

The easier you can make it for yourself, the more you will get done.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Convert

Default good mantra

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    No problem, mate.

There’s a trap. I’ve fallen into it over and over and over again. You ignore the simple solution, because in your mind you think “it can’t be that simple - if it was, everybody would be doing it!”.

Let me tell you. It really IS that easy, and everybody else IS NOT doing it, because of their own limiting beliefs.

The easier you can make it for yourself, the more you will get done.
    thanks a lot, I will follow this mantra more - a lot less time consuming as well