Arcade buttons organization tips? Using the colors?

Default Arcade buttons organization tips? Using the colors?

Hello guys,

Beginner here. I was wondering if you have a particular way of organizing your arcade buttons?

I am wondering what colour choice to decide on depending on the utilization I can make from the buttons. For instance even if all blue buttons are nice, it might actually be more convenient/practical to differentiate them with colours?

How do you guys use your buttons? any special organization tips?

Thanks a lot!!

Mehdi

Tech Guru

while changing the colors is great for reference where things are well lit... idk, it seems like it wouldn't be much in a darker (club) environment, where you can barely see your controller at all.

I like the way Ean had his originally, banks were set up (1234 - 1234) with the numbers denoting different colors.

thanks man for your response. yeah it must all depends on the individual's preferences. I will mainly play in my room, so I guess colours might be a useful way to have some kinds of reference.

Thanks!

Tech Guru

No problem. mainly I think its just getting colors you are happy with. Different color buttons work because the buttons have different functionality, I think of arcade buttons like nice shoes I guess, you can buy a specific pair in tons of colors, but its still the same shoe.

I ordered mine from Hong Kong and only had a choice of four colours. One being orange....arg....and red was sold out. So i got blue...green....yellow. I had to get two of the same colour for each side. It kinda sucked....but then found that if i use green for both the first and forth button...it was ok. Its Sync and Play. The Yellow is my DROP and the blue is CUP. Makes it real easy for me to check em out on the fly. They also kinda glow in the UV.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin