Connecting TRaktor Z2 to preamp, no sound?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Connecting TRaktor Z2 to preamp, no sound?

Hello,

Is it possible to connect a Traktor Z2 to a preamp? For some reason, I can' got any sound.
    Here's my setup:
    25.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tech Convert

In the audio setup, either I choose Traktor Kontrol Z2 then the scratch option is activated but I get no sound
    Or I choose the ASIO Presonus and I get sound out of my monitors but I can't scratch, it doesn't work.

so start at the source...

1. are the meters on the software moving when you play a track?

2. are you getting sound out of the mixer in cue?

if not, then you need to make sure you have the sound route configured right in the settings section of the software.
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    so start at the source...

1. are the meters on the software moving when you play a track?

2. are you getting sound out of the mixer in cue?

if not, then you need to make sure you have the sound route configured right in the settings section of the software.
    1. Are the meters on the software moving when you play a track? As I said, when I choose Traktor Kontrol Z2 then the scratch option is activated, I can see the meters moving on the screen BUT but I get no sound ut of the speakers.

Or I choose the ASIO Presonus and I get sound out of my monitors but I can't scratch, the scratch function is then disabled.

2. I don't know what that is

Tech Convert

Here are the sound config options, but I'm not sure which is the correct combination!

1-min.jpg

2-min.jpg

3-min.jpg

You don’t need the FireWire box at all.

Disconnect it altogether, and connect your monitors directly to the Z2. Your monitors are powered - that means the amplifier is “built-in”.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Convert

What if what I want to produce music in my DAW?

You can use the Z2 as your output device in the DAW.

Or you can use the F/W device as the output device in your daw. But then you’ll need to disconnect the monitors from the Z2 and connect ‘em to the F/W device.

There a load of ways to connect this - but don’t try to run before you can walk...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy

Tech Convert

Ok, thanks.
    I'm really looking for concrete advice on how to hook this up correctly.
    It would not be feasible to disconnect the monitors each time I want to switch devices, if only for impractical cable reasons.

This brings me full circle, back to my original question: is my setup (see diagram in my first post) possible? I would like to run the Z2 through my F/W preamp so that I can switch between scratching and music producing with the same monitors.

It can be done. But You’re missing the point mate. There’s no value in using BOTH devices.

Both the Z2 and the Presonus Firebox are AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICES. They both do exactly the same thing.

The F/W device has more OUTPUTS. That means you can route separate channels from your DAW to separate outputs on the F/W device. Since you’re trying to connect your monitors as THE ONLY output from the F/W device, that means you’re only using ONE of the available outs.

The Z2 has an output that you could use as the master out from your DAW. No switching cables or settings in either pieces of software.

Just use the Z2. Unless you’ve got a studio (not DJ) type mixer, you don’t need all those outputs. You’re making it much too difficult for yourself.
    Last edited by Patch; 05-11-2019 at 03:48 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast