Traktor A6 and SL1210 mk2's.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Traktor A6 and SL1210 mk2's.

Hi there,

I posted about time codes and cdj800mk2s the other day. The lack of information and low response is making me think I'd be better off using my technics instead. Does anyone here have any experience of this? What was it like?

Quote Originally Posted by CBGeebies View Post
    Hi there,

I posted about time codes and cdj800mk2s the other day. The lack of information and low response is making me think I'd be better off using my technics instead. Does anyone here have any experience of this? What was it like?
    What would you like to know? Thousands of people have used the !4, A6, A8, or A10 with timecode using both Turntables and CDJ's successfully and regularly.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Convert

Thanks for the reply. Maybe I posted in the wrong section. A bit of background will probably help. I have a shed load of tunes saved to USB which I'd love to play.

My set up is as follows: Technics 1210mk2 x 2, CDJ800mk2 x 2 and a DJM800 mixer.

My original query was about compatible formats because the feedback I was receiving online was this was going to be difficult with the CDJmk2's. A forum user suggested A6 because of cost and compatibility. My concerns with using this method is a perceived lack of functions like cueing, etc on the CDJ's themselves. Is this correct?

I'm wondering for the sake of convenience if it's preferable using the turntables instead if this is the case. Would you retain all the functionality of the decks themselves. What would you use if you had a choice?

Thanks for the reply. Maybe I posted in the wrong section. A bit of background will probably help. I have a shed load of tunes saved to USB which I'd love to play.

My set up is as follows: Technics 1210mk2 x 2, CDJ800mk2 x 2 and a DJM800 mixer.

My original query was about compatible formats because the feedback I was receiving online was this was going to be difficult with the CDJmk2's. A forum user suggested A6 because of cost and compatibility. My concerns with using this method is a perceived lack of functions like cueing, etc on the CDJ's themselves. Is this correct?

I'm wondering for the sake of convenience if it's preferable using the turntables instead if this is the case. Would you retain all the functionality of the decks themselves. What would you use if you had a choice?
    You set your track decks to "Absolute" mode. This way you can still use the cue function on older CDJ's as well as play the track like an actual record with turntables.

I haven't used CDJ's for DVS in almost a decade now. I have always preferred turntables for DVS, but that's just my personal preference.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Convert

Thanks for your input. I'm a tad skint and wanted to gain max use out of my current set up. Looking at A6 I think it comes with the vinyl and CD time codes so I guess it won't be an issue. It may also be an option selling the CDjs and save the money for traktor. Thats probably £400 there. This could in theory buy a pair of 1000's which already have USB connectivity. That route is a tad longer than I'd like but a good option anyway.

Thanks for your input. I'm a tad skint and wanted to gain max use out of my current set up. Looking at A6 I think it comes with the vinyl and CD time codes so I guess it won't be an issue. It may also be an option selling the CDjs and save the money for traktor. Thats probably £400 there. This could in theory buy a pair of 1000's which already have USB connectivity. That route is a tad longer than I'd like but a good option anyway.
    I assume you mean XDJ-1000s I don't think £400 will cover it...
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Tech Convert

No, I was referring to CDJ1000mk3's.

Tech Convert

This is the problem with the information I'm coming by online. Having a read through some pages I've checked the USB claim and it looks wrong. Some sites were claiming 1000's would be fine to use with USB connectivity, which is why I looked at them as an option. Maybe I'm wrong but I'd read that you could link them to a laptop. This is the CDJMK3's.

This is the problem with the information I'm coming by online. Having a read through some pages I've checked the USB claim and it looks wrong. Some sites were claiming 1000's would be fine to use with USB connectivity, which is why I looked at them as an option. Maybe I'm wrong but I'd read that you could link them to a laptop. This is the CDJMK3's.
    CDJ-1000 MK3 only has CDs. The XDJ-1000 will work with HID in Traktor Pro 2/3. I believe the earliest CDJ that will work that way is the CDJ-400.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Maybe I'm wrong but I'd read that you could link them to a laptop. This is the CDJMK3's.
    You cannot link them with DJ software throught USB, they have no USB port on them.

As astromech suggested, CDJ-400 are one of cheapest options for that, especially as they work as HID controllers for Traktor (HID=plug n play, lowest jogwheel latency, screen support) and not just midi controllers.

With CDJ-800, CDJ-1000 (all mk versions) you are limited to timecode CD usage and that basically means you get to use play, main cue, jogwheel and pitchfader. No hotcues, no loading songs to decks from the CDJ, no one-button 8bar loops, zero control over software FX. Means you will soon feel the need to invest in a separate controller for that (NI X1 example)
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast