mc4000, mc6000mk2, or something else?
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    3

    Default mc4000, mc6000mk2, or something else?

    I'm not really a DJ anymore, in the 90's I played 6 nights a week in various clubs, also did rave after parties and other events, so it's all stuck in my head.

    I do get to do guest appearances once in a while still, and used a controller for the first time a couple of years ago.

    If it makes a difference, depending on the event, I play 90s alternative, 80s new wave, also industrial/goth and if I'm lucky a techno set.

    So I'd like to pick up a controller, here's the thing - when I did this for a living, it was mostly on Denon 2000's (about 80%, the other 20% was vinyl).

    So I got very used to having pitch bend buttons. The pioneer unit I used, while great, did not have those.

    I see that's still a Denon thing and I think I'd like to have that again, though I guess with remapping I'd be able to repurpose buttons on any controller (not sure about that).

    I like all the screens and fancy stuff, but as this is not my mainstay I'll probably want something relatively inexpensive.

    Looking at the Denon mc4000, seems to get some great reviews still, though it came out in 2015(?) and I'm a bit concerned about getting something that old.

    Any advice?

    PS: no scratching and no auto-sync, I do a lot of beatmixing but all by ear so need great cueing, a nice pitch fader and pitch buttons. Basic EQ and effects. I'm a tech guy (software) so all the extra stuff will be played with for sure but not really a requirement.

  2. #2
    Tech Guru SlayForMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    1,687

    Default

    From your description MC4000 seems like a good choice. One thing though: despite being made for Serato, seems there is a random midi bug that stops deck and switches cueing. I have a friend that uses one with Traktor and it's flawless for the price. So my advice would be MC4000 but with either VDJ or Traktor. Cheers
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Ok thanks.

    Unfortunately I came across the specs & early reviews for the Prime 4. Which now part of me is trying to convince the rest of me that I need this (or at least want).

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Groovejumper View Post
    Ok thanks.

    Unfortunately I came across the specs & early reviews for the Prime 4. Which now part of me is trying to convince the rest of me that I need this (or at least want).
    this has my vote

  5. #5
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mastah Kyler View Post
    this has my vote
    Well I really wasn't planning on spending $2,300 CAD but the Mastah twisted my arm. Preordered!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •