Anyone else get the feeling... - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I think people are moving mostly to facebook groups (I don't have FB) and Reddit. The most active community I currently am an active member of is based on a telegram group chat. I know DJTT tried to shift towards Slack once, I mean it didn't hurt to try but that sucked. I also wonder why this is, you see it everywhere. It also could be because DJTT has really become more blog centered instead of forum centered, and there is less awesome stuff happening on the forum? Maybe because it kinda has lost it's personallity? (I mean Ean has been gone for years now). Or maybe it just needs to offer something extra? Currently it's just practically equvalent to a subreddit on a seperate domain.
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

Yeah, I see that too. But is it as simple as DJTT reaching out on Facebook a little more?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

I hated the subreddit for DJs. Buncha people that don't know what they are talking about trying to tell me that I'm right or wrong.
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Any of you guys use the DJTT Facebook page??? Or any of the Traktor Pages?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Any of you guys use the DJTT Facebook page??? Or any of the Traktor Pages?
    I deleted my social media accounts years ago. May have to start using them again, but I don't want to...

Forums definitely got replaced by SM (which is a loss, IMO). Facebook took aim when it started pushing for businesses to create groups around their pages. Unfortunately, the timeline algorithms are a mess for decent discussion.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Also - you lose the anonymity of forums. I know a lot of people (me included) are happy to ask stupid questions from behind a forum handle.

Quote Originally Posted by astromech View Post
    Unfortunately, the timeline algorithms are a mess for decent discussion.
    This statement is 100% correct! The algorithms have destroyed the internet as a whole. I wish they would stop using algorithms. Fat chance of that happening, but one can only hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Volumetrix1200 View Post
    This statement is 100% correct! The algorithms have destroyed the internet as a whole. I wish they would stop using algorithms. Fat chance of that happening, but one can only hope.
    The problem is that the general public is too lazy to organize their feeds. Personally, I have 32 different feeds on Facebook (20 regions and 12 interests). That way I can just view my feed on chronological order dependent upon where I want to engage while sitting on the toilet.

Pretty much everyone I talk to (even DJ's, Promoters, and Business Owners) didn't know you could have separate feeds/lists. If you are going to do any type of event promotion, it is a must. There's no need to promote your service or event thats taking place in California to people in New York for example.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    The problem is that the general public is too lazy to organize their feeds. Personally, I have 32 different feeds on Facebook (20 regions and 12 interests). That way I can just view my feed on chronological order dependent upon where I want to engage while sitting on the toilet.

Pretty much everyone I talk to (even DJ's, Promoters, and Business Owners) didn't know you could have separate feeds/lists. If you are going to do any type of event promotion, it is a must. There's no need to promote your service or event thats taking place in California to people in New York for example.
    What company are you referring to? I’ve done that with YouTube and it always leads me to a dead end of videos I would never want to see. How I fix it is, I delete history and cache. Then I get better recommend videos. It sucks and is leading people into small covers of the internet.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast