Anyone else get the feeling... - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Yeah a bomb went off in this forum a couple of years ago, which is a real shame. It was like a friendlier Gearslutz in terms of technical knowledge, with less of the snobbery about how old and "authentic" your equipment is.

I actually have no idea why this one died so suddenly. Plenty of bb forums are still going strong, so I don't think SM has completely killed them off.
    SC - WS

Tech Wizard

Agree with several posters here.
    Knowledge is higher in these specialized forums, but only FB groups are properly active every day.

Pity but true.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Still here
    Me too but damn, see how long it took me to write a post here and I saw the thread the day when it opened
    Yeah, FB groups are pretty active but knowledge is subpar and format doesn't allow longer posts. Also, lack of post counter leads to users not paying attention to more experienced users and their posts.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Mentor

I agree with all that's been said regarding social media one thing to think about is Technology just works now better computers better controllers less hassle in set up. Back when I used to frequent forums every other post was someone with a technical gripe the same subject again and again.

Me for example am running an old 2014 mB air 11 works like a charm still as fast as the day I bought it switched to rekordbox and a DDJ1000 and haven't looked back or had any problems at all before that was using Serato and tc vinyl no probs there.

just my few cents I'm off again Did I just see a tumbleweed

Tech Guru

Think also djing was peak popularity when the EDM wave hit and since that has died down, so has DJing interest in general.

Quote Originally Posted by enorjy View Post
    Think also djing was peak popularity when the EDM wave hit and since that has died down, so has DJing interest in general.
    I'll agree with you there...I have seen alot of used DJ stuff for sale...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Maybe.

I (hope?) think that there’s more interest in open format/scratch/trick mixing now than there used to be. And those techniques aren’t as easy to pick up as EDM style mixing.

I’m hoping there’s a bunch of very talented open format-ish style DJ’s in the wings waiting to bust through and up the ante a bit as far as style, technique and skill goes...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Trick mixing is really the simplest steps of beat juggling.

DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234