Xone class compliance - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23
  1. #11

    Default

    The known issue is that you need to manually select Bit Accurate mode in Traktor Pro. The checkmark indicates what should be selected in Traktor's preferences.

    It looks like the 23C/43C drivers are just to enable Bit Accurate mode, you can still use them in CoreAudio mode without drivers.

  2. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ErikMinekus View Post
    The known issue is that you need to manually select Bit Accurate mode in Traktor Pro. The checkmark indicates what should be selected in Traktor's preferences.

    It looks like the 23C/43C drivers are just to enable Bit Accurate mode, you can still use them in CoreAudio mode without drivers.
    Then in what mode the PX5 works? Bit accurate or core audio? There are no Mac drivers offered for it. This difference bugs me.

  3. #13

    Default

    The PX5 only supports CoreAudio mode. Either Bit Accurate mode is obsolete, or A&H didn't bother to make drivers for it. Either way, if you just want to know if the PX5 works with iOS, it's irrelevant whether it supports Bit Accurate mode.

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ErikMinekus View Post
    The PX5 only supports CoreAudio mode. Either Bit Accurate mode is obsolete, or A&H didn't bother to make drivers for it. Either way, if you just want to know if the PX5 works with iOS, it's irrelevant whether it supports Bit Accurate mode.
    That's what I'd think too, but Xone is clearly encouraging the use of Bit Accurate drivers on the 23/43C, giving the impression that these mixers won't work as good without them (in Core Audio mode). It would be unusual to let a mixer up the range (PX5) be prone to possible problems by not assigning drivers for the (supposedly better working) Bit Accurate Mode. That's why I wonder if there's any mysterious difference between the soundcards used in 43C vs. PX5 that might potentially reflect on iOS use.
    Last edited by electroshock; 06-08-2019 at 03:32 AM.

  5. #15

    Default

    Except there aren't any problems with CoreAudio mode. As I understand it Bit Accurate mode offers slightly better latency, that's it. And as mentioned before, the 23/43C were designed in 2012/13, so maybe CoreAudio has improved since then, making Bit Accurate obsolete.

  6. #16
    Tech Guru SlayForMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    1,691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ErikMinekus View Post
    Except there aren't any problems with CoreAudio mode. As I understand it Bit Accurate mode offers slightly better latency, that's it. And as mentioned before, the 23/43C were designed in 2012/13, so maybe CoreAudio has improved since then, making Bit Accurate obsolete.
    I wasn't online to respond but I'm glad you beat me to it. +1
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

  7. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ErikMinekus View Post
    Except there aren't any problems with CoreAudio mode. As I understand it Bit Accurate mode offers slightly better latency, that's it. And as mentioned before, the 23/43C were designed in 2012/13, so maybe CoreAudio has improved since then, making Bit Accurate obsolete.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    +1
    Well, higher latency IS sort of a problem, at least for A&H obviously, since they addressed it by releasing dedicated drivers. I don't think they were lazy to do the same for their higher model.
    As for Core audio being improved i.e. becoming bit accurate in the meantime...maybe, but isn't there a way to check that for sure? This assumption is pretty vague.

  8. #18
    Tech Guru SlayForMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    1,691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by electroshock View Post
    Well, higher latency IS sort of a problem, at least for A&H obviously, since they addressed it by releasing dedicated drivers. I don't think they were lazy to do the same for their higher model.
    As for Core audio being improved i.e. becoming bit accurate in the meantime...maybe, but isn't there a way to check that for sure? This assumption is pretty vague.

    well the only way to get a definitive answer is to get a A&H engineer to answer your question. our assumptions maybe seem vague to you but they do have a basis in experience (I myself have been using DJ software for 10+years). your assumptions on the other hand stand on nothing else but on the fact that as some time A&H experimented with different drivers parallel to using Apple CoreAudio.
    I do understand the quest for bettering your setup but why can't you just enjoy the awesome sound quality of PX5 (by all reviews) on it's own?
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

  9. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    well the only way to get a definitive answer is to get a A&H engineer to answer your question. our assumptions maybe seem vague to you but they do have a basis in experience (I myself have been using DJ software for 10+years). your assumptions on the other hand stand on nothing else but on the fact that as some time A&H experimented with different drivers parallel to using Apple CoreAudio.
    I do understand the quest for bettering your setup but why can't you just enjoy the awesome sound quality of PX5 (by all reviews) on it's own?
    Man, this is a forum, a place for discussing things. I make NO ASSUMPTIONS, but ask legit questions, that are being answered with assumptions:
    - maybe core audio improved and went bit accurate
    - A&H creation of different drivers is called "experiment", while their advice to use them as first choice is kinda ignored

    I would certainly accept the above if true, but is it?

    No matter your long experience, you still do not have the definitive answer, which leaves the quest open and I don't see the reason to get sensitive about it.
    Last edited by electroshock; 06-13-2019 at 05:29 AM.

  10. #20

    Default

    You assume that Bit Accurate mode gives you a noticeable difference while DJing, without having used it. Unfortunately there is very little information about Bit Accurate mode, I can't even find any mention of it in the Xone:43C manual. So we can only guess why it isn't available on the PX5. If you want a proper answer you'll have to contact A&H.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •