Tractor with multiple devices - looking for advice

Default Tractor with multiple devices - looking for advice

How we all doing?

I have been using Traktor Pro 2 for some time now with a Pioneer DDJ-SX and my 2017 MacBook Pro.

I want to expand my setup with the addition of a Traktor Kontrol X1 (mk1 or mk2, not decided yet) and a drum machine, I am eyeing up the Arturia DrumBute or Maschine to layer some of my own loops and sounds over the top of my mixing.

Is it possible to combine a drum machine, an X1 and the DDJ-SX altogether in sync with Traktors master clock? I am a bit thrown off with sending MIDI signals and extra audio interfaces/hardware I might require to make this possible.

Id super appreciate anyone that could take the time to help me out on this one.

Peace

Have you considered F1 instead of the drum machine?
    Quote Originally Posted by paulc921 View Post
    How we all doing?

I have been using Traktor Pro 2 for some time now with a Pioneer DDJ-SX and my 2017 MacBook Pro.

I want to expand my setup with the addition of a Traktor Kontrol X1 (mk1 or mk2, not decided yet) and a drum machine, I am eyeing up the Arturia DrumBute or Maschine to layer some of my own loops and sounds over the top of my mixing.

Is it possible to combine a drum machine, an X1 and the DDJ-SX altogether in sync with Traktors master clock? I am a bit thrown off with sending MIDI signals and extra audio interfaces/hardware I might require to make this possible.

Id super appreciate anyone that could take the time to help me out on this one.

Peace

I have looked at the f1 but was concerned about being able to record loops on the fly to play over the top of my sets. Also can you load the f1 with your own sounds?

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paulc921 View Post
    I have looked at the f1 but was concerned about being able to record loops on the fly to play over the top of my sets. Also can you load the f1 with your own sounds?
    F1 is designed for that. The workflow is press "CAPTURE" button and turn Rotary Encoder to select Deck Input (Display shown currently selected input) and finally press a pad to copy a loop into that sample cell.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

I made Twister mapping which allows same functionality (With Loop Rec control as a bonus)

https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/4517

Check it out if you love rotaries!

Super guys, thanks for your help!

With Traktor I assume I could load my own samples into the remix decks? I don't want to be confined to what sounds only Traktor offers.